Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One Night Down!

March 18, 2009

Cymbre and I made it through the night, but around 2am it was pretty tough going. Dad called to let us know he was in San Diego, and she needed her medicine, and she was really hurting and crying. She wanted to go back and not have the surgery, but I told her it was too late. She just wanted Caleb to call her. She had been expecting to hear from him all day. I managed to get her medicine down her and half a popsicle and some ice water. Then I just snuggled her until she fell asleep again. She slept fitfully, but we managed to make it to 6am before we had trouble again. More tears, popsicle, medicine, ice water...back to sleep until around 9am. THANK GOODNESS! I really needed a couple of hours.

Today Cooper seems to be a good distraction....they are watching movies and Cooper helped her take a bath and get her hair wet without getting it in her ears. Now they are eating snowcones. I think I will have to go buy a bag of ice later today since I had to take the ice trays out to fit the popsicles in. I'll just run to the gas station on the corner.

Cooper has dance tonight, and since I can't find anyone who has time to take her, I will put Cymbre in the van laying down, run Cooper, come home, and then do it all again to pick Cooper up. I've learned who not to call let's just say. It's ok when they need something, but to return the favor is not something they want to do.

Dad will be home on Friday. Hopefully, Cymbre will be doing better by than. She was glad to have Papa call her this morning, and Ms. Andee. At least this afternoon, she is sitting up to watch TV. They are watching Mulan. She wants the Heffalump movie, but I think I only bought one, and Shyla has it. I may have to see if I can rent it.

Well, must get busy on those petticoats, they aren't making themselves.

Mom

No comments: