Thursday, March 5, 2009

I WON!

March 5, 2009

I actually won the get your money back battle! After a week and a half of calling, emailing, and finally making a pain of myself on the phone, I got my money back.

We ordered a dance DVD at a convention about 6 weeks ago, and they told me they would have it to be by two weeks ago. Well, it didn't show up, so I began calling to find out what was going on. They didn't return phone calls, didn't answer emails, so I called again. They again said they couldn't help me because the video people were out of the office. They said someone would call me back. Didn't happen. I emailed again...nothing. I called and left more messages...nothing. Finally, this week I called left a message, and an hour later when I hadn't heard anything I called again. This time I was insistant that someone talk to me....I wanted my money back now. They passed me to accounting, which I can't figure out why they even have an accountant since they can't do anything. I finally ended up with the head of the company who told me they couldn't refund my money while I was on the phone. I had a FIT! They can take your money on the phone but can't give it back..what the heck? Finally he agreed to send me a money order overnight express. I told him I better have it or he would hear from the Better Business Bureau and a lawyer. I got the money order! I won! One point for made mom! I will never do business with Break the Floor again.

Maybe I should take on Maytag over my new dryer they are supposed to deliver sometime....who knows when. In the meantime, the old one gives you a MIGRAINE every time you turn the thing on.

We got the judges tapes on the girls solo performances at Star Systems. They didn't have a whole lot to say, and the girls were just 100ths of points from platinum. They were glad, and the judges liked the costumes. That makes my day since I spent hours making them. I tried to put the video of them dancing on my blog, but can't get it to do it....I'll keep trying. Maybe I'll ask Cymbre to try. She is good at pushing buttons and getting it to do what she wants.

Today is just a get things ready to mail day, and finish up that Stand Out costume so Cooper can start stoning it tonight. Just a little bit left to do. She is bored not being able to dance with her foot, so stoning will be a good thing for her to finish up. Then on to Ladies Choice.

Dad mowed the lawn, and now it looks much better....picked up the dead leaves so it doesn't look so junky. He fertilized, so it is turning green again...I like it better when it's really green even though it really is just a patch of weeds. We don't like Augustine grass.

I have been working on collecting some more things for my Grandma box...even bought some more material to make another little boy blessing outfit when it's needed. Guess I will make a little girl one too just for fun. After the costumes that is. Found some really cute flannels on sale for blankets.

I set up twitter accounts for the girls....they have been bugging me. So then I had to set up one for me to keep track of the girls. I won't be writing on my very often....however, I am GrammieNan, Cooper is CoopsDogBones95, and Cymbre is Babygirlrhino for those who want to follow them.

Well, must clean up the sewing room, we can't walk in there at the moment without tripping over things, and that's not good for my foot.

Have a great day. Dad and I love you very much.

Mom

PS: you can look at photos of the girls solos at competition by going to www.take2ok.com, then click view photos online, click dance competitions, click 2009 star systems, click 09 star systems houston, and look for number 131, 483. They are fun...

Remember, someone else is needing your help today, you just have to find them.

No comments: