Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just Puttering

March 12, 2009

Cold and rainy here...HURRAH!!! At least for a few days, we get to not be hot and sweaty!

I've cleaned up the kitchen, family room, and sewing room. Now I am washing towels and the material for Ladies Choice, the duet. Ordered the tan tap shoes, and the briefs. Just have to figure out what color rhinestones I want and get them ordered too. Now I am off to look for the patterns and to make sure the pieces from 3-4 patterns will all fit together to make the costume I have pictured in my mind. Most times it works, but not all the time. I usually have to alter Cymbre's somehow. That kid is just a little half-pint!

Cymbre passed her pre-op checkup yesterday. No sickness yet....keep those prayers a coming. We have to have her healthy or they won't operate. I have all the perscriptions for antibiotics, pain medicine, and ear drops which I will fill on Monday. And Dr. Toung is ready to deal with a rhino in the operating room. Good luck there!

The new dryer is a commercial size thing and it drys the clothes just about as fast as the washer washes them. It's really amazing. I keep going in there to make sure the thing is running because it is so QUIET! I'm used to having to tame the dryer into submission just to get it to dry clothes and stay put in it's spot in the laundry room. The old one wanted to walk around everywhere while it did it's work. And it wasn't very good at doing two things at once. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out how the thing walked around much considering it was propped up on a 2 x 4 in order to not make the noise quite so loud. So how did it walk 6-8 inches out of it's place? The other day it almost smashed into the refrigerator that sits in the laundry room. Now, with the new one, you can stand to be in the house or even the kitchen without getting a migraine! A marvel if you ask me. I can manage to get all the laundry done in an afternoon now, which is truly amazing.

Dad is going to San Diego on Tuesday after Cymbre's surgery....I told him I wasn't doing surgery alone again. I did it with Britni, and didn't like it! He was in England at the time. At least San Diego isn't as far away, and in a similiar time zone to call him.

Cooper is having Kendall stay over the night before, and then spend the day with her. In the afternoon, Kendall's Mom will pick them up and take them downtown to attend Kendall's Ballet and Jazz class. Cooper can dance too as long as her foot doesn't hurt. Ms. Andee says going to the MET will be good for Cooper. I just have to find out how much she needs to pay for the classes. Then Beverly will bring her home after 9pm just in time for her to help me with Cymbre.

Ms. Andee is going to work with Cymbre on Friday evening so that she doesn't forget all her dances while she can't dance for the next two weeks, and then sometime next week she will get together with Cooper after she doesn't have to wear her boot anymore.

Guess that's about all the news for now. I have to go get some material out of the boxes and in the washer. I want to cut out tomorrow. So it all has to get washed today.

Everyone remember that serving someone brings you happiness....go out and get some happiness today.

Remember that Mom and Dad love you very much. Those in contact with Baby Jack, make sure to give him some Grammie and Grandpa hugs. Throw in a few kisses from his Aunties too!

Love you.

Mom

No comments: