Friday, March 6, 2009

New Dryer

March 6, 2009

After months of trying to fix the dryer, and finally Dad going to Maytag for a new one we have a brand new one.

They brought it this morning, and I started with a very tiny load just to see if the darned thing was going to do what the other one did. That other thing started to walk across the floor with each load even while propped up on a 2x4! Thankfully, it's gone, and the new one seems so quite. I guess it should after the terrible noise the last one made!

I think our battles with broken stuff and money owed us are over for a while.....I hate it when we have to do that kind of stuff all the time. I like life to just go along nicely, which almost NEVER happens since we live with Dad's black cloud.

Today Cymbre was home with what I think is a migraine headache. She was just crying this morning, but finally we are getting it under control with caffeine and Cooper's perscription tylenol with codeine. I am going to talk to Dr. Ermac about what they give kids who get migraines. I felt so sorry for her. I rubbed her head, she sat in the tub with the bubbles going, we put her in a dark room with no noise and still she cried. Thankfully, she's been able to have an easy day and they don't dance tonight so we are just at home. She did help cut up the potatoes and eggs for potatoe salad, so Dad can tease her that he has been poisoned again!

Just a few snaps and rhinestones and Stand Out is done! HURRAY!!! Cooper and I should have it done later today. I was cooking all morning or it would be done already.

Cooper wants to make a skirt this weekend to wear on Sunday...we have the material washed, and a pattern....she just needs to get to work. Cymbre wants to make Sister Weinken an apron...guess I need giraffe material for that.

I've decided that we need Baby Jack to snuggle tonight. That just seems like a good Friday night activity for Grammie and Grandpa and two Aunts don't you think? I think Caleb and Holly should just run him over...Cymbre has a new rhino outfit for him I need to get in the mail.

Well, that's about all the news for now. I'll get photos of the Stand Out costume when I make her put the whole thing on when it is done. She is so excited to compete that dance. She has worked really hard to make up her own choreography with Ms. Andee's help. I'm interested to see how it does at competition next time.

Have a great day, and hug each other for Mom and Dad. Especially Baby Jack!

Mom

1 comment:

Holly F. said...

Even though Jack is a sick boy today, thanks to all of his shots yesterday, I'm sure he'd love some Texas snuggles!