Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Morning

December 31, 2011

Here's Christmas morning, at least some of it.  As usual, there was a lot of paper everywhere....although Dad makes a pretty good trash man.  The girls seemed to get most of the things they wanted, and some unexpected things too.  Dad got his new clothes, and mom got her blog published in a bound book...something I've wanted for years.  So now, when this post is finished, Dad will make another book for 2011 to match the first one.  It's a family history of sorts......



Cooper and Cymbre both got "Flanagan Robots" sweatshirts and t-shirts.  They were named the Flanagan Robots for dancing so together in their duet this past year.  They LOVED the shirts!



The present opening is just beginning....Britni got a purse post-it note dispenser, Cymbre a cookie skillet, and Cooper a make-up bag.


Britni finally got her Christus statue like mom's.


Cymbre got her rhino head for the wall....it has to hang where there's no chance she will bump into it and knock her eye out.  (Caleb thinks she should use it as a coat rack!)


Just one of many shirts Dad got....he needed them since he's lost a bunch of weight....and mom got him some of her favorite kind...you know, the ones with the colored shirt, but white cuffs and collar.  I know the kids think they are silly, but he belongs to me....

All in all we had a good Christmas.  The girls finally got their kindles, and now they can just download books instead of making Mom take them to Barnes and Nobles.  Mom got a new grandbabies picture frame, and is currently hunting down new pictures of those cutiepies to put in it.  Dad got some church books, and a fancy measuring tape, and a finger mouse.  You put it on your index finger and work it with your thumb.  I think it goes well with his ninja flash drive he also got.

As far as other news....it's almost time for the girls to go back to school.  That means one more semester of making school lunches for Mom.  A job I really dislike....however,  you know, a Mom does what a Mom has to do!

My back appears to be not hurting as much, although, when they make me do something harder like ride a bike for 10 minutes...it's ouchy again!  I told the therapist my back didn't like that and he said something about endorphines taking the pain away.....ok....whatever!  Still hurts!  Guy has got my bike in working order again, I am supposed to ride it for a few minutes twice a week....we'll see what happens.   There was a man at therapy who asked me if I had seen his drill sargent....he has a different one than I do.  If I do these exercises 3 times a day like they say to, there will be no time to do anything like mom stuff.....so I split it up.  They all get done at least once, and most of them twice, but the three times I just don't get done.  I mean I need time to brush my teeth, do laundry, and take a bath too, you know!!

All the dance costumes are pinned for sewing, so that will start ASAP when the girls go back to school.  Should only take about a week with conserted effort on the sewing machine's part.....probably a real struggle for the thing though!  Although, it has been in rest mode since I finished the Christmas PJ pants.

Cooper is taking a bunch of her non-member friends to the Stake Youth Dance tonight....Guy is doing the driving.  Lucky him!  A van full of crazy teenagers at 11:30pm....what a thrill!  As for me, I will be watching the TV for the dropping of the New Years Ball in Times Square.....then going to bed.

This has been a real trial year for us, but things are beginning to look up.  Cymbre's eye is much more stable.  The headache doctor is sorting out Cymbre's headaches.  They are working on my back, and all the dance injuries have healed.  My hands seems to be back in working order....at least most of the time. There are still some power issues, but it gets better everyday.

We are truly blessed with a lovely family, and many friends whom we truly love and appreicate.  And we especially LOVE those grandbabies!

We have been able to serve others, and to see the influence that kindness brings, especially when someone thinks that no one cares.  You know, it's worth the price of the value
 meal for the hungry guy on the street.

Happy New Year!

Mom

No comments: