Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Take A Breath!

December 13, 2011


It is FINALLY time to take a little breath!  The mail away Christmas sewing is DONE!!!  Everyone in the Utah families has a couple of homemade presents.  And the sewing machine is still living.  Guess that last oil job was just the ticket!

Other Christmas stuff that is done involves the family newsletter, the Christmas cards are signed but not addressed.  The dance baby presents are ready to distribute in baby dance classes, the teacher presents are ready, the church friends presents are made and ready, and the neighbor gifts are made and wrapped.


Dad has started wrapping the gifts for those who will be here, and I've been collecting the baking supplies for all the cookies yet to be baked.....and I'm still needing some little helpers....just saying!


My bedroom looks like a bomb went off, but that's because that's where everything gets piled that is moved for decorations, or needing wrapping, or just no one knows what to do with it.


We have the rest of this week and two days next week left of school....then it's back for FREEDOM!  Then it will be nothing until after the holidays....no seminary, no dance, no school, hopefully, no doctors, and just doing family Christmas things.


I have Britni and Cooper's PJ pants left....then I'm done.  I can't believe that I got everything done, even with a herniated disc in my back.  And last night, I made 3 pairs of pants in 30 mintes....a new personal record!  Do you think I can make 5 dance costumes in an afternoon?  I doubt it.....


Cymbre just called from the dance studio....her glasses broke....great!  A friend is bringing her home for me.....thank goodness for friends.  Dad was off home teaching....


Cooper is baking some birthday treats for her friend....he made a special request for the same thing she gave him last year.  He's lucky we still had a jar of the mix in the pantry.  Who knows if I could have found the gift in a jar recipe again.


Cooper is busy at school building a paper roller coaster.  She had all of us cutting out parts on Sunday evening, and they have used rolls of scotch tape putting the thing together.  She says it stands about as tall as her.  Dad thinks it is just busy work.  It's for her physics class.


I have to see the spine doctor on Thursday for my back issues, and I already went to the family doctor regarding the anemia.  I really think I shouldn't go to the doctor....like dad says when you go they tell you that you are sick.  I'd say they found two pretty major issues this past two weeks....I have been scanned for bone density, x-rayed, MRI'd, and had more blood sucked than any person really ought to have to have sucked!


We got our temple recommends renewed....took a week longer than we planned because the Stake wasn't doing it when we went the first time.  But we are back in business again.   We have been trying to get some family names done, but haven't been very good lately....we will do better.


I have to figure out something to make for the kids in my Sunday School class for a Christmas treat.  I would like to have something related to the Savior, but I may just end up with a fabric bag with candy....I will run out of minutes.


Cooper is busy making my individual liahonas for next year, and I have the stuff ready to make the little journals once I get the picture I want.


On that note, I am going to make lunches, take a bath, and lay on the bed and watch the news.


Get out there and find someone to help....they are everywhere this time of year.  We gave lunch to a man living on the street the other day....it made his day and mine!


Remember Dad and I love you bunches and bunches.  Hug those grandbabies.


Mom

No comments: