Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Countdown Is On!

July 26, 2010

Well, the countdown for the Colorado Trip is FINALLY on! The girls are getting together clothes, and we are finalizing things that have to be done before we go. Dad will be here holding down the fort.
Cooper has ballet tonight....guess we will see how those ribs are doing. Then she will start her tap solo on Thursday evening.....that will be a good one this year. They are doing something totally different than they have done in the past.
Cymbre seems to be doing ok with her tap solo. She has managed to dance it for a couple of days now withouth pain in her knee! THANK GOODNESS! Just keep praying that it continues. It would be wonderful to not have to deal with that at competition.
I am trying to get the laundry done, we cleaned out the pantry last night (I HATE that job!), and Dad has been home today. Guess he took that 19/30 day....whatever that means! He has been working on scrubbing the kitchen tile grout...it needs it, but it is such a big job. He said he is going to get the downstairs carpet cleaned while we are gone. He is my angel in disguise!
I packed up some of the stuff in the sewing room that I didn't want to get messed up. Funny how protective I am of how things are piled in there....I know just where everything is, and the thought of someone messing it up makes my heart beat faster! Pretty bad I know!
Mark Goodman is being really kind, and wants to see the girls privately on Saturday when we go to Phoeniz.....thank goodness for small favors. He is a good contact to have in the dance world. The girls absolutely LOVE him! He is so kind to arrange his time to see them.
I have to go hem some jeans for Cymbre to take on the trip. We bought her some for school, but the ones that fit her waist are WAY TO LONG! OK, haven't they ever heard of different length inseams? Are we all the same height? NO!!! I mean really, would Russell really fit into Cooper's jeans? So tonight I get to break several sewing machine needles trying to hem the jeans. And since you practically have to mortgage the house to buy them, it would be GREAT if I didn't have to come home and fix them.
The girls appear to be excited about dance once again.....at least things seem to be going better than previously. Now the VERY LONG process of making friends begins again, but I think once the girls are in classes several days during the week, that will happen for them too. It's really hard to change studios. We really like Ms. Traci though, and she seems to be really trying to help the girls at this point.
Cooper went to Chili's with the senior girls for dinner last night. They wanted to get together before they all left for school....she is really going to miss her friends. Thank goodness for Facebook I guess.
Cymbre did really well at physical therapy this past week, and Jeff thinks that she won't have as much pain dancing this year.....we can always hope! I know she has been stretching like a crazy person.
Got Cymbre's x-rays on her teeth back, she has one root that isn't quite ready for full braces yet, so the orthodontist thinks it will be 2-3 months before we can start her again. So, we just have to keep this retainer thing going until then.
Cooper should be getting her top braces off shortly, and the bottom ones in not too long. They are just centering everything again. Then it's retainer's for her too!
We have finally graduated from Primary. Thank goodness! Cymbre was so ready to be done. She got her Faith in God award, but it took the primary 3 weeks to manage to get the certificate signed and too her. Ummmmm.....what?
We got to skype Baby Eden the other night....always a favorite thing for this Grandma!
The girls have been working on coloring file folder games for the babies for Christmas....I convinced them to do it as one of Cymbre's YW projects, and they are making good progress. Cymbre will get a project done, and Cooper will get some hours towards her honor bee. A win, win don't you think? And the babies will have some fun games to play as they get a bit bigger! So 3 wins I guess.
I have been working on the crocheted baby blanket for the baby blessings. Still can't decide if I like this pattern or not....maybe just a few more inches will help me decide. Pretty bad when I can't make a decision I know.
I have talked to Dad's family and let them know that we are coming, and that we want to get both families together on August 13th. It should be fun, and the girls are looking forward to seeing everyone at Grandma's house again.
There really isn't much other news....we've had a fairly quiet week for a change. FINALLY!
Remember that I love you, and that you should get out there and do some service for someone.
Love you.
Mom