Thursday, July 22, 2010

Whatever! I guess....

July 22, 2010

Ok, so we started Cymbre's tap solo today....everyone needs to say their prayers that her knee will allow her to compete this year. She made it through about an hour of dance today....that's the longest she has done recently. She has been stretching like a crazy person this week! That muscle better grow if it knows what's good for it! That's all I have to say....
Cymbre's solo is called Peppermint Twist....she is going to wear the red short prom dress and I will add some peppermint design material to make some swirls on the skirt. Then some kind of hat, and I will be done with one costume. well, there will have to be some rhinestones.
Cooper's ribcage is still VERY PAINFUL! Thank goodness Dr. Ermac gave us some of those lidocaine numbing patches. That's what's allowing her to breath fully. He thinks she will be able to dance again next week. Why do we always have to get some strange injury at dance class.
We spent the afternoon cleaning out cupboards and drawers in the kitchen. Got rid of all the stuff I have collected over the years, and now we don't use.....you know, things like water bottles, baby spoons, toddler spoons, broken spatulas, bent wooden spoons, mixer beaters that the mixer died years ago. We discovered that we have tons of birthday candles. Guess we have lots of birthdays around here. We found all the corn on the cob handles....they were hiding down with the brown sugar. Who knew they were friends? And did you know that you can collect a million little medicine cups over the course of a few years. Those little pests seem to multiply right before your eyes. The measuring spoons are all matched up again...now I just have to teach the girls to not take them off the little ring things....then they will stay organized. The chances of that are about ten zillion to one! Gone are the tupperware containers with no lids, and the broken rubbermaid lids. All the runaway twisty ties are in a ziplock bag, and so are the holiday goodie bags I use for treats in the girls lunches. I discovered that I had a unique collection of broken wooden spoons. I mean what good is a spoon without it's handle? And just where are the handles? And the best find ever...the lids to my slimfast cups! Now I can shake it again instead of using a spoon to mix it up!
We had to go for Cymbre's new orthodontist x-rays....we were there fifteen minutes before our appointment time, and left the place 10 minutes before our appointment time. We were finished that fast! We had to go get this so we can begin her braces treatment again....now that her permanent teeth are all coming in. Thank goodnesss, we have finished paying for Cooper just in time to start paying for Cymbre.
Cooper is working on her honor bee for Young Womens....she is helping Cymbre on a value project. They are coloring file folder games for my GRANDBABIES! Funny, I convinced them to color them for Christmas for the babies. Now I just have to cut out, laminate, and add the velcro!
Cooper had a wonderful time at EFY. She is ready to go again already. She got her first standing ovation when she performed her jazz solo....she was thrilled. But she did say that since she hasn't danced in two months, her stamina isn't what it used to be.
Well, I am going to shut this down for tonight.....have to go get my bath so I can finish my book I am reading. I want to add it to the box I need to send Britni! Sounds like a good reason to take a bath to me....
It's raining yet again this week.....don't you just love hurricane season....all these tropical storms. Nothing like about a 1,000 percent humidity!
Well, everyone get out there and do something nice for someone you don't know. Make their day, and yours will be better too! I promise. Be brave...just do it!
Remember that Dad and I love you all very much...we are proud of you!
Love,
Mom

No comments: