Thursday, July 8, 2010

Misc. Stuff!

July 8, 2010

Today Cymbre and I enjoyed lunch with Sister Weinken....we went to Chili's and had a ball! she loves her giraffe paper towel holder Cymbre got her for her birthday.
Then we stopped at Charming Charlie's oon the way home. I have bought a couple of new outfits at the outlet mall and wanted to find some necklaces to go with them. I found a couple of things, but we have decided that when Cooper is home from EFY, we need to go down to Harwin street before school starts. We usually do that, and look for dance costume jewelry at the same time.
We also stopped at the mall, but didn't find the present we were looking for, so we will have to see if it is available online. No sooner did we get home, then Lens Crafter's called and said my new glasses were ready....give me a break...I should have checked when we were at the mall. Guess we will either go later tonight while Dad goes to the temple, or will go in the morning.
We have to go at lunch time tomorrow and pick up Cooper's suitcase from camp. She will come later after her river rafting trip. The lugguage is coming home with the ward girls, and she comes home with the Stake people. Still don't know where to pick her up or what time, so I guess they will be calling parents. she has probably gotten rained on everyday whe has been at camp...thank you tropical storms.
I bought a new candle at the Yankee Candle store at the mall....it's called Autumn Wreath! Smells really good....I know it's a bit early for that kind of smell, but I couldn't resist. I will burn the lilac one or tulip one tomorrow.
Picked up my bloodwork results from the Dr. today....will have Dad fax them to Dr. Ermac tomorrow. They wanted to stick me again last week, and I wouldn't let them when I went in for my physical. It doesn't make sense doing the same tests twice in one week! Especially since I gave up 4 vials of blood the first time. The Dr. called and told me I have to take perscription Vitamin D because I am so low....great....and calcium. So, I guess I have to do that since it is really low. They think my heart muscle and my bones need it. At least my cholesterol is fine, and so is my thyroid. I guess I should be grateful for that since we just adjusted everything. I must admit, I am feeling better.
Do you realize that the girl's summer vacation is almost half over? Not possible, we haven't really done anything fun yet! But we do have most of the doctor appointments taken care of, thank goodness!
Cooper goes to EFY in San Antonio next week....we moved her to that session when she got her staph infection. Thank goodness they found a spot for her.
I started to crochet a baby blanket for the new grandbabies that are coming.....don't really know if I like it, so I may take it out and change to a different pattern.
Mark Longacre was here last night for dinner. We enjoyed visiting with him, but I did tell him he needs to bring Maria with him next time.
Dad said he talked to Uncle Glen again, and Aunt Anny isn't doing so well. She had her first chemo treatment, and things are pretty rough right now. So, extra prayers won't hurt.
I showed off my photo keychain again today. Sister Weinken thinks I have cute grandbabies, but she thinks hers are cuter....a likely story! She doesn't have a keychain though! Nor does she have a Grandma's Brag Book! Everybody be jealous!
We skyped Baby Eden again today....she smiles when she recognizes us. I just love that smile!
Cymbre got her hair cut again yesterday...it's SO CUTE! This new style really looks great on her. We also bought another highlight kit. And I need to do my hair again...however, she cut it so short, it just spikes up at the moment, so I am going to let it grow out a bit first.
Guess that's about all the news for tonight......get out there and do some service for someone.
Love you,
Mom
Hugs to Courtney...feel better soon!

No comments: