Monday, July 12, 2010

Back To School Shopping!

July 12, 2010

So Dad took Cooper to EFY in San Antonio today, and we are waiting for him to come home. While he was gone, we took the sweat mobile (green Van) to the store to do some school supply shopping.!
I like to get the shopping done before all the lunatic moms are on the aisles thinking that they are the only ones who need items, and start fights when the supplies run low! I know I end up paying more for some of the stuff, but I still have my dignity when I leave the store. AND, I don't have to fight all those little kids grabbling everything the last week before school!
The girls absolutely LOVE to go school supply shopping...they look for the really neat folders, highlighters, pencils, etc. And we have discovered that if you don't do the shopping when they first put everything out, it isn't there anymore.
I could order the supply kits from the school, but the girls don't like the brands they put in those kits. The markers are dried out, the binders break the first time you use them, and the kleenex is scratchy! Hence, we yearly shopping trip.
It's also new underware time....I think underware is built to wear out just as school finishes so you have to buy new before you can send the little darlings back! AND, you CAN'T find just a package of WHITE underware anymore. You have to have all these crazy patterns and colors. Or you can have disney characters....what teenager wants Tinkerbell underware?
I am also in the market for a bulk order of flash drives. It seems that the teachers LOVE to have things turned in to them on them, but they can't manage to GIVE THEM BACK to the kid! They all probably have big drawers full of flash drives hiding in the back room somewhere! AND, we put our name on them BEFORE we turn them in, so what's the problem? Maybe the teachers don't know that you can actually RE-USE a flash drive.....they can be erased you know! Cymbre lost like 6 of them last year....I feel like I should send the school a bill! Is it to much to ask for the flash drive to be returned like a graded assignment paper....oh wait, those don't seem to get returned either.....half the time they are lost between the turn-in basket and the grade book! AND that's always the kids fault too! What's with that when the kid put's the paper in the basket, and the teacher loose's the thing taking it home to grade, but then the kid is accused of not turning it in. OR my favorite, it must be in with some other class....it wasn't turned in on time. WELL, how did it get with another class when the kid turns it in at the beginning of their own class period? Maybe teachers need to be just a tad bit more organized? Do they consider how much time the kids spend doing the assignment that they so carelessly just loose? My son-in-law was a teacher at BYU, and he didn't seem to have issues with lost papers, or missing graded assignments! Maybe I am just a bit biased in his direction....he is married to my daughter, and the dad of my GRANDBABY! But my son was in his class and didn't have a problem too!
Well, at any rate, we have finished Cymbre's supply shopping and will have to take Cooper when she gets back from San Antonio.
Guess that's about it for right now...going to buy movie tickets!

No comments: