Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday!

August 11, 2009

Today the girls and I went down to High Fashion to look for material to doll up their dance costumes....as usual, they always have something we love. For Cymbre's purple dress we found this sequin material to add to the bodice, and some beaded trim to just finish the edges. For Cooper we got some black lace with green flowers, and some black chiffon to bring out the black just a bit more....then we are taking the belt that hangs from the top and making it the belt on the pants! Just started all these costumes with $25-$40 for clearance prom style mini dresses, and we are going to turn them into full length dress for Cymbre and tops for Cooper.

SO

Now I can make four costumes rather quickly, and I don't have to do a bunch of cutting out! That's always a good thing from my point of view...However, I do have a brand new cutting board to use....thanks to Dad for my birthday. Now if I can just find a sharp pair of scissors, we can really get going. First I have to make the baby her blessing dress. And I have some materials to make pj pants.

SO

That means the old sewing machine better decide to work properly this year. No surprises, no broken body parts, no dying!!!

Guess that's about all the news for today....tomorrow we are seeing another orthodontist, and then it will be meeting with the Dentist to make some decisions about what we are doing with the girls.

SEW, let's get busy!

Love you,

Mom

No comments: