Saturday, August 22, 2009

Just A Short Update!

August 22, 2009

This is going to be just a short update because I am still have very painful fingers! It's been over a week, and they are still quite painful...I am thinking I may need to go get them x-rayed. Not what I needed this week...everything that twists, bends, or grabs is almost impossible for both my hands. I can't even get my own medicine because of those dumb caps they put on them. Thank goodness for Biofreeze...that's the only reason I do things.

The girls are going to work on their solos with Andee again today...they are looking great! As always, Andee is wonderful with them.

Fall dance classes started this week, and I am not sure that Cooper will be able to teach all the 4pm classes they want her do. I think she may still be doing homework...we will see how things go this next week. Homework is first....so we'll see.

Haven't figured out how to be in two places at once time to pick the girls up, but I think I may get Cymbre first and then go for Cooper. Then I will try the other way and see what works best. One of them will have to wait while I drive from one school to the next.

Made some progress in dejunking some more stuff this week....stuff from the weddings that I don't want to store, and some things in the bathroom....I plan on continuing this next week. If I do a little each day, then spend some time sewing, everything will get cleaned up and sewn.

I am getting a box of baby things ready to send to Shyla....I think I about have everything together to fill one up again. We bought some cute things at the outlet mall this week...she said she didn't have them when we called her.

Dad has been mowing, edging, etc. today.... He's also made my ladder for my seasonal decorations...I just have to get the wire to make the x's that hold the things on.

We had three armed robbers in backyards on our street this week...all kinds of sheriff's and dogs, and even an ambulance for the policeman who ripped up his leg. Dad went out to get the paper, and decided to come right back inside since he heard police yelling about " there someone goes". Turns out 3 guys from Dallas tried to rob CVS right here on the corner with guns, and were trying to get away. So when Dad went out to go get the paper, they were hiding in yards right here. The Sheriff came to the door a few minutes later to talk to Dad to make sure he belonged here. They told everyone to stay in the house, lock the doors, and turn on our alarms. They got one guy in the yard across the street, and found the second one later in the day...but the third one is still on the loose. Thankfully, no one was shooting people when Dad went outside. None of the Daddy's left on time for work as the Sheriff wouldn't let them. And then when they did, they were searching the cars. When they came through our yard, they broke some of the brick on Cymbre's flower beds. I saw the police bring their dogs in our yard a couple of times, but they didn't break the bricks. In some of the other yards, fences were kicked in, and now will have to be replaced. Sort of a scary start to a very early morning on Thursday! The police are still coming through the area...maybe they are looking for weapons or something....we don't have any in our yard. Although police dogs make a mess of flower beds!

In other excitement, the car was held hostage in the garage for several hours one day this week. I was going out to take the girls to Goodson to do Cymbre's registration and stuff, and the garage door wouldn't open. I called Dad, and we tried our best to open it by hand, but in the end, Dad came home. I called a garage door place and they sent someone right out, but I left with the van as soon as Dad got here. The man came right after Dad got here, and the door was fixed by the time I got home from school. A very expensive spring....turns out garages are only supposed to open and close twice a day. Then the spring will last 7 years...that's it's total life span. That's worse than a washing machine!

I hope that's all the excitement for a while around here....although Cooper still has to make sure her off campus PE is straightened out since she can't possibly do it first period. The dance studio isn't open at 6:30 am....DUH! Those counselors just don't read what they make the parents fill out. They said they hoped they could fix it....I told them they didn't have a choice.

Cymbre needs new tap shoes.....guess I better get Dad to get the box out of the garage. If not, I need to go to the store.

That's all for today.

Mom

No comments: