Saturday, August 15, 2009

Never, Never Try To Open A Locker At High School!

August 15, 2009

Well, the girls and I went to the High School for Cooper yesterday.....and after fighting with her locker for an hour, and even the operations man coming to help....she finally figured out how to get the thing open. It's really picky, and now I have two very bruised index fingers to prove it! I can't hardly even move my fingers on both hands without tremendous pain. The joint is bruised and swollen, and Dad has to help me get undressed and dressed! Do you know how hard it is to do anything without your two index finders? You have to pick up a drink like a little kid, you can't sign your name because you can't hold the pen right. It's hard to drive the car without bending your fingers, and tying bows on chairbacks for Rachel's wedding reception just further aggrevated the situation. However, the chairs look great! And I spent the night with my hands in ice! Today I am wearing elastic waist pants because I can't button the other kind! See where helping people gets you....no more lockers for me!

This morning the girls and I went to Costco for Sister Wood (driving isn't very easy either)and bought all the groceries for the reception she needed there, and then took them to her house and our house to be cold until time to go to the church. Cymbre had to drive the cart because it's hard to steer when you can't grasp the cart properly.

The reception is looking a lot like Russell and Shyla's with the trees with white lights, white tulle draped places, rose petals. They are using white table clothes and fresh rose petals on the tables....we used ours in the tulle. They covered every other chair, and we tied tulle and ribbon around the backs of them. It looks pretty. They are using Shyla's candle holders on the gift table like we did, and she borrowed all the serving dishes we used. It's at the West Road building...I had never been there before. Dad took all the ficus trees over last night while I had the girls at the dance studio.

Well, I am going to stop typing since I can't use two of my fingers....this has taken forever! Curling my hair for today was a real challenge too....who knows what I will look like tomorrow for church!

Have a good day...and Shyla: Rachel looks beautiful...she said to say hello to you. Her husband is a nice young man too.

Mom

No comments: