Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just The Dust Bunnies, Dust, And A Stray Lizard Or Two!

August 23, 2009

Well, it back to just the dust bunnies, dust, and the stray lizards at the house with me all day! How depressing! Those lizards really create a ruckus when they get in the house. They love to hide in the ficus tree pots, and then they spring to life just as you walk by. A REAL frightening experience when you almost step on them, or when they run across your foot! I guess it's time to keep the old vacumn handy....I suck them up, and then when Dad gets home, he empties the vacumn canister! A very good arrangement if you ask me. I learned long ago that you don't try to swat lizards....they tend to break in half, and then you have two halves thrashing around....NOT GOOD! And you have to get them, both halves before they make it behind the file cabinet in Dad's office. I can't pull that thing out...to much paper inside it. (Yes, another thing I need to clean out) Leaving the little thrashing parts isn't good either, they just begin to smell. I haven't figured out why the ficus tree pots are so much fun, it's just styrofoam covered with moss...but maybe lizards are just styrofoam fans! Those little brown lizards and trickly little guys....they like to come in in pairs! I mean how do you chase two lizards going two directions when you are only one person armed with one vacumn? So, what I do is throw the front entry rug over them...that at least slows the little buggers down, and then you have to choose...do you try to vacume them up, scoop the rug up hoping that you manage to trap both of them, or jump up and down on the lumps squashing them! I tried scooping last time, but NEVER again..I almost got two lizards down my nighty! Maybe what I need is Dad to stay home on lizard patrol. He keeps threatening to retire....it would give him something to do all day.

And speaking of Dust Bunnies....there's a hugh population of them behind my sewing machine....guess it's time to pull it out again. I hate that job! All the thread falls off the rack, I find straight pins on the floor, then get out the vacumn, wash the windows, vacumn the blinds, and put everything back. Leaving them to multiply isn't good either...that just makes the girls sneeze. It's really a no win situation. I actually killed off about a million dust bunnies this weekend....I moped all the tile, and got all the corners. Had to prepare for the lizard wars! And I can't kill of too many dust bunnies in a day because there has to be space in the vacum for the stray lizards when they decide to show up. It's just a vicious cycle!

So, watch out for lizards and dust bunnies this week!

Me

1 comment:

Debora said...

Yep- I can relate- Lizards and dust bunnies and a husband threatening to retire :) I may do my own post about dust bunnies :)