Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wind!

April 2, 2009

Today started out VERY rainy and windy, but by lunch time (now) it is sunny and WINDY! I've been thinking about what kind of wind I would like to be when I grow up...not in the near future! Would I want to be a hurricane force blast that whips around everything not tied down quite extensively. Have you ever tried to even open a door that this kind of wind is blowing against. You can't! And if you did, there wouldn't be a door left. Would I want to be an angry winter storm wind, causing that snow to stir into a blizzard so that people driving in motor homes across Wyoming to go to Grandma's for Thanksgiving have to hang out the windows and watch the yellow lines on the street to keep Dad on the road? I've been one of those people hanging out the window, and I don't recall liking that kind of wind very much. Slightly less angry are the winds that come across the plains in Broomfield, Colorado. Some days you just have to chase the trash cans lids down the street even if you go out as soon as they empty the cans! At least there isn't the snow with this wind. Still a cold wind, with lots of fun is the one you feel on your face while riding on the back of a snowmobile with Dad. We never went particularly slow, but I enjoyed it with wind in my face as long as my Dad was sitting in front of me to break it up a bit. He had the windshield to break it up for him, I just had him. We used to have such a blast! He would go fast, and then turn and we would fall of the snowmobile. It was so fun! Then a wind that comes with a thunderstorm, one that can still blow you hairstyle into oblivion, but leaves your clothes on. Those kind really cool the house down if you can open just the right window. To bad most of mine don't open. We couldn't open them anyway with all that tree pollen floating around out there. I think my favorite kind of wind is just the gentle breeze that comes in the Spring. The one where you can watch the clouds blow by at a gentle pace, and still hear the birds chirping in the trees. However, strong enough to keep the mosquitos from biting. I like walking with Guy in that kind of wind. I like holding his hand and walking about 1/2 step behind him. He keeps the dust from blowing in my face, (guess I just like to use men as windshields!) I especially like to use my "GUY"! I like being outside and planting flowers in this breeze. It keeps you from getting to hot and sweaty. Then there's the wind that comes off the ocean while you are standing on the beach. That's a salty wind, but it still cools you down. If you could just go home and scrap the salt off, you could fill the salt shaker! I like to watch the way the wind drives the waves into the beach. Sometimes crashing in like with a hurricane, and sometimes just lazily like "Oh well, when I get there I get there." And then there's whatever kind of wind it takes to push those hugh windmills that generate energy...I really like to watch the fields of those things turn. It is amazing to me! Just the gentle breeze for me.

Well, back to the sewing machine....just a couple more seams and then I have to wait for the girls to come home to try on what I've made this morning before finishing....yes I said finishing those Ladies Choice costumes. Photos soon.

Blow yourself into some service for someone else today....someone is waiting on you.

Mom
*************************************************************************************

No comments: