Monday, June 28, 2010

Just A Moment To Catch Up!

June 28, 2010

I decided I would take just a moment to catch up on this blog thing today. I still haven't managed to get Dad to take the solos at recital off the camera, so you will still have to keep practicing patience! May I can get him to do it tonight while I watch the Bachelorette....who knows what he has planned!
I went to the diabetes doctor today....we are FINALLY getting everything where it needs to be. It's been a VERY LONG three months. Just some minor adjustments this time. That should make changing things a bit easier. Some days I feel like I have been through the ringer lately while we adjusted everything constantly.
I clipped a bunch of coupons after church yesterday...now I just need to file them and send them to the kids. AND I have some surprises for the GRANDBABIES!!!! YEAH!!!
Cymbre has made a pair of shorts this past week....she still wants to make some more, but we have to stop and make Cooper's for camp. Since Cooper is still not up to par from her staph infection, Cymbre is going to make some for Cooper while I make others. Camp is next week.
Cooper didn't make it to EFY this week...she has been home on the couch for a week with this staph and fungus thing going on, and the medicine made her throw up constantly. Finally got the doctor to give her something to settle her stomach, and now at least she can eat a bit. She still doesn't have much energy, but the infection and fungus appear to be getting better. She has been MISERABLE!!! The EFY people are trying to get her in the San Antonio session, but we have to wait until Thursday to find out if they have a spot....everybody say your prayers. She does have some friends going to that one.
I have been busy getting the curtains done for above the front door to block some of that afternoon sun blazing in, and we got them done and up. Now I just have to paint the wooden hearts to hang down from the middle...it will look GREAT when I get everything done.
Dad is still dealing with Kristin about getting our money back....I knew she wouldn't mail the check like she said she would. Just another lie!
I fixed the elastic in the red dress for Baby Eden to borrow. Now I just have to add it to her next goodie box. Then when she outgrows it, Shyla will send it back for other grandbabies to wear. It's sort of a dress lending library we have going here.
Cymbre is starting to plan her birthday party....she has invitations written out, we just have to decide on the time. Then they will all get mailed. She is excited that she will FINALLY get out of primary with this birthday. She is anxious to be in Young Women's with Cooper. I am glad she will be leaving primary....it's just an unreverent circus in our ward.
I started cleaning out the baskets on the corner of Dad's desk. What a job! I just think people in China add papers in those things! I almost have them down to containable size again though.
We have the dance situation sorted out, and the girls are registered for the summer. Now Ms. Andee will find some time to start working on the solos, and we can get back to the dance routine in the fall. What a mess that has been! The new director seems nice and willing to work with us, so we will see. Kristin seemed nice at the beginning too.
Cymbre's knee is progressing, although when they try harder exercises for therapy, it still gives her problems. Jeff says we are in a holding pattern for a few weeks while she builds up some endurance. To help with that, Dad has been taking her running with him. She rides her bike and carries the water, and he runs. I haven't figured out who is helping who....guess it really doesn't matter though. Her therapist wants me to take her swimming. He doesn't know how much I dislike sitting at the swimming pool!
We skyped Baby Jack the other week, and IT WAS SO FUN! Talked to Eden just the other night...Shyla says she is always babbling, but we haven't heard much.....although she does smile at us now. This Grandma thinks skyping to WONDERFUL! We need to do it again....
Shyla and Russell are moving back to Utah...he's taken a new job. That will make seeing all the grandbabies easier I must admit! I wish they lived closer, but those daddy's have jobs in other states....and we are grateful for that!
I guess my moment has turned into a few minutes....so I guess I will go get busy with something else.
Remember to do something nice for someone today....the Savior will appreciate your efforts.
Love you all bunches and bunches. Give those grandbabies kisses from grandma and grandpa and the aunties.

No comments: