Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 15, 2010



We have finally made the change to a new dance studio....and Ms. Andee is coming with us. She will be teaching the tap classes on Tuesday nights. The girls are thrilled, and it makes my day. I think she will still teach at Koenig also. Ms. Casey also told me she has no obligation to the old studio, so she is available to work on the pointe solos Cooper did last year and wants to finish this year. The director is contacting Mark Goodman about coming to use the studio, and that makes my day too. I have worked so hard to get him to come to Houston! I talked to his wife today, and told her they would be getting a call....of course, he is out of town. However, I will probably get a call from him later.

The girls are hoping to make some new friends quickly. We have also heard through the grapevine there are several girls leaving our past studios...I think that's interesting considering the reasons they are leaving.....

People should really learn to treat their customers with some respect and dignity, and provide equal services to all involved. Then customers will be happy, and might stick around longer. The longer I deal with dance studios, the more I see dishonesty, mistreating, favoritism, and in general disrespect....I just don't know how they expect to run a business based on those principles. It makes me so mad! If I had the money, I would open my own studio, and people would know the rules, there would be no hidden costs, or agendas, and all the dancers would be treated fairly and with respect. So would the parents. I think most of the dance directors think that the parents work for them, when in reality, since we are paying them, they really work for us! And they would do well to remember that when they want to cheat us, charge us too much, and not return money that belongs to us, and treat our kids like crap! And I really hate the "I am in charge, and you have to do what I say" attitude! Get over yourself!

At any rate, we will get to still do solos with Andee, and our duet....and the girls are very excited about that.

Cymbre is going to basically sit out this summer, just dancing here at home to try to get the foot and knees working better....those dumb tendons just don't want to work yet. So the foot doctor told her to just dance what doesn't hurt, and leave tap for a while.

Tomorrow is the put away costumes in storage day....I always love to get them all sorted out and put away. It seems that they just hang around all year....and I love to get a fresh start.

Cymbre and I went to the dentist....I don't need anything, but she has a chipped front tooth (who knows when it broke off....but the dentist is going to fix it. And no, we haven't beat her!), and she has a ridge in a tooth that is coming in that has a little cavity, so she has to get it fixed too. The dentist said the tooth would have gotten the cavity no matter how much she brushed her teeth just because of the shape of the tooth and how her gum lays over the ridge while it is coming in. GREAT! He said the one on the other side will do it too....

Cooper managed to get her contacts in rather quickly tonight....I think she enjoys them....they seem to make a difference in how she sees to dance, so I guess it's doing what she needs them to do. We are waiting to get her 90 day supply hopefully, later this week.

Guess that's about all the news for tonight....I'm glad some of the stress is taken care of finally....

Everyone remember to serve someone else this week.....I love you.

Mom





No comments: