Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just Tuesday!

September 22, 2009

Today is just Tuesday...seems like it should be at least Thursday by now! It's been a very long week already.

I think I finally have the student teaching, and Cymbre situation sorted out at the studio...she is feeling very frustrated at everything this year, so we made some adjustments. Now she hopefully, will be a bit happier. Adjusting to 6th grade advanced classes, off campus PE, and still dealing with her knee issues has gotten the best of her these last few weeks. School seems to be settling down, and I have a friend in the library who is quickly becoming Cymbre's Grandma person at school. That's good, as she knows there is always a hug waiting in the library for her. And my friend loves the hugs too!

I found the material to make the jacket for Cooper's homecoming dress...we have the mum made, but the letters are falling off the ribbon. I need to use some glue dots. The jacket is the same pattern from Shyla and Caleb's wedding, only a bigger size. It's purple this time instead of brown or black.

I also found a crinkle book for Baby Jack....Shyla says he loves things that make that crinkly sound, and this whole book does....sorry Holly and Caleb. I think he will love it. And Grammie and Papa get to send noisy toys.

Cooper is in to her third school project this week. The way the Rubiks Cube got to America. It doesn't really make sense to me, but I went and got the information she needed, and all the supplies. Now Dad and her will get it put together. It's due on Friday. Dad says he likes it better when they have a weekend to work on it.

Homecoming is this weekend, and Cooper is trying to get tickets to the game for all of us, and then is going to the dance with a whole group of her friends. I told her NO Dates, and she has to stay with at least 3 girl friends the whole time. Dad will be the driver for her. Her friends are riding with other parents, but I don't know them,(although they are probably wonderful people) and I don't know if they drink with their dinner, and I am not putting Cooper in that situation. She can go for pictures, and Dad will take her to the restaurant, then pick her up at the restaurant and take her to the dance. I know that at least her Dad won't be a drunk driver. Now I just have to figure out how to make my fingers do an up-hairdo!

Also am trying to work on Cymbre's tap costume...a lot of handsewing of sequins. Why do I always do this kind of thing to myself? At least it isn't TULLE! Then on to jazz costumes, and another tap one. Then ballet...a pancake tutu sort of thing....not going to be fun! I don't know about PJ pants for everyone this year....these old hands are really giving me fits, and I have to let some things go for them to heal. The dance costumes have to be done. The PJ's don't. We'll see what happens.

I am going to see Dr. Ermac on Thursday about my hands. I was going today, but made Dad take my appointment as he sounds like he is coughing up a lung, and I don't want him to give it to the girls. We'll see what the doctor says...it's not the flu. Started with allergies, but he is miserable. Has been home for two days now.

Well, Baby Jack should be getting the box of toys we sent soon. I hope he loves them. There's lots of new books for him. Although Caleb may save some of the things for Christmas.

That's it for today....must go change the laundry!

Mom

No comments: