Monday, June 1, 2009

Back To The Doctor Yet Again!!

June 1, 2009

Took Cymbre back to the doctor today....she has Strep! The kid just can't win! They wouldn't let her go back to school until she has been on the antibiotic 24 hours.....GREAT! The doctor doesn't know that I refiill a perscription we had, so she has actually been on medicine for 3 days.
She has her MRI on her knee in the morning...I can hardly wait to get the results from that. With the way things are going around here, we just can't wait.
At least Cooper is better and back dancing.
Hall of Fame sent me the confirmation that the girls are registered for Nationals. Hopefully, Cymbre will be able to go! Everyone say your prayers.
My week will be full of packing and repacking costumes for recitals. They have dress rehearsals this week, so that means extra packing for Moms. IF I can just get all the tights with the right costumes, and manage to change Bert very quickly, we will be fine. Why does Cooper ALWAYS get the very fast costume changes?
I think we all need to buy stock in Velcro...I'm using it on ALL her costumes.
I looked in the ironing basket, and can you believe it...there's some in there again. I just finished it! I even did it as I did the laundry....but Guy didn't do it on Saturday when he finished the laundry....I think we need to quit wearing all clothes that require ironing. We will have to be naked from now on except for our underware!
It's hurricane season yet again...stock up on water, canned food, gas for the grill, ice, and change out the stuff in the emergency kit. At least we can get to the kit now since I cleaned out the closet. Dad got the generator here, so we can at least run something with it when the power goes out. I need to get some more oil for the lamps too. Still have the candles. I hate hurricane season....to much stress when those storms form, and people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Always keep the gas tanks full, and keep topping them up when the storm forms. What a pain! And I need to get gas and oil for the generator....think that will be Dad's job. And I need some matches and batteries. And make sure we have all our medications in good supply. The pharmacies make a bundle this time of year.
When all the preparation is done, then it's just wait for it to come....sometimes the waiting just gets so frustrating. Those weather guys try, but they can't always be right.
If we can keep our roof until November, we will be lucky again this year!
Cymbre has her 5th grade awards tonight, and Cooper has Mary Poppins rehearsals. Guess I will do the school thing, and Dad will do the dance thing. The DVR will do the Bachelorette thing.
Cooper got a Presidential award for excellence in education. She got a letter signed by Barack Obama, and a pin along with her certificate. She can march on the field at an Astros game to be honored with the other kids in Houston, but since that's on a Sunday, I think she won't be doing that. She also got an Honor roll award, and a Spanish award. The Presidential Award is because she has been on the honor roll for every grading period for three years. That's quite an accomplishment these days.
I am ready to sew some Grammie things, but am waiting on Shyla to find out what the little baby will be....hopefully on Wednesday.
I've almost got my CEU's for the year done...thank goodness...I don't like going to all these meetings, especially when I am not coding at the moment. Who knows if I will ever code again, but I am not taking that 5 hour test again, so I keep the certification valid.
Guess that's about all the news for tonight....must get ready for awards.
Have a great week, and give your smile to someone who could use it. A hug might not hurt either. I'm sure you can find someone who needs one if you just look a bit.
Love you bunches, and bunches.
Mom and Dad

No comments: