Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another Wedding!

June 21, 2009

I talked to Sister Wood at church today, and I guess I am going to help her with the decorating for Rachel's wedding....how exciting! I asked how it was going, and she just said that you have to do something everyday...I told her I knew the feeling! I told her about all the stuff we have left from Shyla's wedding, and she asked if she could borrow some of it....I said gladly. She wants to see pictures of how we did things, so I have spent some time this afternoon finding some of those pictures that Sister Vest took of the decorations. I also told her I still have several of the ficus trees, and the list of who I borrowed them from....and the lights, and the tulle. (Somehow tulle manages to get into most everything I do!) The reception is August 14th, and Kim asked if I would come and help her. Of course we will....She told me she has material to make dresses, and asked about round table clothes. I remember well, all the preparations. Thank goodness Russell's Mom did the Utah open house. I couldn't have done them both. So, it looks like some of that stuff will get a second chance to be pretty. Dad will have to go up and help me dig it out of the corner.

Cooper goes to camp in the morning, and while we will miss her, it will be fun to have just Cymbre at home. Maybe Dad and I can think of some fun things to do with just her. She says she is glad Mom will be home with her because she doesn't want to just go to Lowes with Dad all the time! I think we are going to be doing a bunch of sewing....the bug seems to have bitten these two girls. They turn the dining room into their sewing space, and I make them clean it up occasionally.

Cymbre and I are also going to figure out how you pack 6 costumes and accessories into a suitcase without smashing anything....that will be interesting. Cymbre found these bags that you roll the air out and pack in a suitcase...maybe we can condense those petticoats and such and get them in a smaller space.

Dad and I went to see The Proposal with Sandra Bollock. Cute movie. I like to go see the chick flicks with Dad....we always get the same seats in the theater. Last night the place was almost sold out. All people like us. Not too many kids.

Cooper did a wonderful job on her father's day talk in church today...now Brother Christiansen thinks Dad walks on water....he was checking at church. She wrote most of it herself, and I just helped to expand things a little bit.

Dad likes the new grill we got him for father's day....it's a bit smaller, and he is going to keep it in the garage to prevent rust. That leaves a problem for Cymbre's flowers in pots. She usually sets them on top of the grill...maybe we will have to get her one of those little tables that you use for potting plants to set her things on next year. The growing season is almost over now, it's just to darn hot!

Well, one of the families we knew is now moving to the studio where we are now. They have two little dancers, and we are glad to see them again.

Summer dance starts up this week, and Cooper has been working with Ms. Casey on her pointe solo for nationals, and they have started a musical theater pointe solo for next year now. Also Ms. Casey will be in Chicago when we are performing, so she is going to try to see Cooper compete her Bert's Song solo if she can get away from work. That's very exciting to Cooper. Me too, because that means that she can warm her up backstage! And I can see from the front! Cooper really loves Ms. Casey. Both girls are also super excited to have Ms. Andee teaching the tap classes they will go to this summer and fall....the girls at Koenig are in for a treat with Ms. Andee.

Cymbre's knee is holding it's own. She still wears her brace, but it doesn't hurt like it did, and we are hopeful that she will be able to continue to dance more and more each day. Say your prayers! It would be wonderful if she could dance painfree soon.

Dad is finally feeling better after his cold....but his cough lingers forever...although he doesn't sound like he is coughing up his lung now.

Well, I guess that's about all the news for today....we hope all the Dad's we know have a great Father's Day. Just for today, we are trying to "Obey Gravity, it's the law" around here.

Remember, do something kind for someone....it will make your day.

Love you.

Mom and Dad

No comments: