Sunday, June 14, 2009

Recital Over!

June 14, 2009

"Yesterday began early and finished late. It was recital day, and we had rehearsals, then the Dance Company show, recital, and Mary Poppins. The girls both did a wonderful job on their solos and the duet. Cymbre managed to get through her stuff with some soreness, but today, we did the ice and she says it is feeling a bit better. Keep your fingers crossed. They got the biggest cheers for their solos and the duet. And then at the end of Mary Poppins, Cooper got a really big cheer and shouts! She did a terrific job as Bert! We are so proud of both of them. Now we wash and repack costumes for Nationals. We leave on the 28th. So this week will be full of solo and duet rehearsals with Ms. Andee, and Ms. Casey. We had a hard time getting out of the school last night after Mary Poppins. Everyone was stopping Cooper and telling her how wonderful she was. It made her feel good about herself. I had so many people talk to me, that I can't even remember who most of them were. You might say we are very anxious to get the DVD of the show. I for one want to see if from the front instead of backstage changing costumes. I helped five girls change costumes, while their moms sat in the audience. What's wrong with this picture? I guess the girls at least learned that Ms. LuAnn will help. I am always back there for Cooper and Cymbre, but just once, it would be nice to watch from the front. We even managed to get the tap shoes changed in a couple of 8 counts from jazz shoes and back on stage! I think I will watch from out front during Nationals. I'll check them in and then when they get in the wings, I'll run. Well, I'll try to run if my foot cooperates!

This week is dentist cleaning appointments, and get Cooper ready for girl's camp. Cymbre and I are picking them up from camp....that is always interesting! Also running the solos with choreographers, and getting stuff ready for the trip. Also Father's Day, and for those who want to know, Dad wants Lowes gift cards. He wants a new grill. If you want, send me the money and I'll just get one card. Guess I better get the Father's day cards in the mail tomorrow, which means I have to find one that says "guy" on it for Dad too. That's been a challenge this year.

Almost have all the CEU's done for this year, then just have to send the renewal fees and email the CEU's to the AAPC. What a pain it all is. Then I do it all again next year....

Well, must get busy getting all these sweaty costumes taken care of....

Have a good week.

Love you,

Mom

No comments: