Monday, October 20, 2008

What Kind Of Ice Cube Would I Be?

October 20. 2008

Well, we have just finished dinner, and Dad is doing the dance run. So I have a few minutes to do whatever, and then I have to go to the store and pick up my medicine.

So I was filling up the ice trays tonight, and was thinking about what kind of ice cube I would want to be. You know there are all shapes and sizes. Would I want to be a half moon, which is what our ice maker makes....or a regular cube shape like the old fashioned trays I use. Would I like to be a star, a four leaf clover, a snowman, a diamond?

I have decided that I can't decide what shape I would want....although I decided it can't be any fat shape! And nothing nerdy either!

However, I have decided that I would live in the middle of the bin, that way I could be friends with everyone, and could get a good look at all the good looking men ice cubes. I wonder what shape Dad would be....I better ask, so I know what to look for.

I don't think I would be an ice cube that sticks to other cubes, that might limit my abilities to move around the bin and make friends with other lady cubes. Who knows, the sides of the bin may have eyes that make mean looks at you if you get to close to them.

Rumor has it that you don't want to be the cube at the bottom of the bin either, as those tend to be the ones that Dad scoops up to put in Mom's foot ice water thing.

Opps, got to go pick up the girls, they've been in an accident on the way to dance. Dad says they may have whiplash.

Back from getting the girls...some lady hit Dad in the car from behind enough to set off her airbags, and send Dad into the car in front of him. Everyone's necks are hurting, and the girls, especially Cymbre I am sure have whiplash. The policeman said I could bring them home, and Cymbre is getting in the jacuzzi with the bubbles to see if we can't relax her neck a bit. I am probably taking them both to the Dr. in the morning. Dad is still with the policeman, but should be home soon. He's sore in the chest from hitting the steering wheel, and neck from hitting the head rest....GREAT!! At least, the accident was not his fault. Cymbre is pretty upset...it's her first accident.

Anyway, back to the ice cubes....

Sources in the ice tray tell me that if you stick to the wrong ice cubes, you can land in a heap of trouble.....you end up in Cymbre's chicken noodle soup when it's to hot, or Mom's foot cooler, or even Dad's orange juice. I understand that those are pretty terrible deaths for ice cubes. I can imagine the soup, going from freezing to boiling without any notice. I don't really think going into my foot cooler would be so bad, except it would be a slow melting death in a very dark cylinder. Bit aren't ice cubes used to melting slowly?

After interviewing the corner ice cube, I discovered that the way to have a good life as an ice cube is to know where the scoop is going when it hits the drawer....if is it filling the school lunch water bottle, that's good. Then you get to go to school, and you can hear what's going on in Cymbre's classroom until your demise. I guess Cymbre's ice bottle is better than Mom's foot cooler for ice, but it seems to me that there is not oxygen in her thing she uses on her knee or wrist. It's just a rubber ice bag....mine for my foot is much higher class in my opinion.

The half moon ice cubes report that they don't really like it when I empty the ice trays in the bin on top of them, it seems like the regular ice cubes are heavy, and have rough corners that bump the half moon ones. GIVE ME A BREAK! I understand the half moon ones would rather be on the top of the bin, and not under the cube shaped ones.

If I were an ice cube, I think I would want to be the one that ended up in a nice glass of pink lemonade on a hot summer day....at least I would have a GREAT drink!

Must go take care of the girls.

Love you.

Mom

No comments: