Sunday, February 3, 2008

Elastic Popped!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Well, I thought I was done sewing for competition, but had to take in some of the Super Cali Vests, and Cymbre's duet skirt popped the elastic. That will be a major fix it job as it is between the two button holes holding the bib on the outfit!! GREAT!! I guess I should be glad that I don't have to pay myself to do it.

I must admit, if we ever get all these teams on the floor this year it will be an absolute miracle!!

Cymbre is having to step in for a girl who is quitting company. It may be for two dances, but I know it will be for one. She is going to have to learn the whole dance in a couple of weeks. We videoed it for her on Friday, so she will be working on it from now on. Why do my girls always have to be the ones to step in at the last minute?

Cooper has picked up another private lesson student for every Saturday. That kid will be making $60 a weekend. She is also making the company CD's, so she will get the money from that. At this rate, I am going to ask her for a loan so I can chaperone her in New York.

For those that don't know, Cooper made the Joffrey Summer Intensive Workshop. They overbook, so she is on the wait list, but is really hoping to get a spot. I don't know who is more excited, her or Ms. Ginny! I just see the $$$$'s before my eyes. Two weeks in New York City will not be cheap! It's a really prestigious program, so they were lucky to even get in. It will be really good for her dance resume. Then we all go to National's in Nashville for both the girls to compete in July. Joffrey is in June right after recital. Cooper really wants to go to BYU for a dance camp, but I don't know if the $$'s will hold out.

My foot physical therapy doesn't seem to be doing much...four more sessions to go. Then who knows that the Dr. will say. Hopefully, it won't be surgery. I just flat don't have 6 weeks to be laid up flat with the dumb thing! I think I may just buy a whole bunch of new slippers, and just wear them for the next several months until the Dr. says it should be feeling better. Although, I do like that numbing stuff the therapist rubs all over it when she is done with the therapy. She gave me some samples, but I am saving them for competition weekend this week.

We will be competing on Friday night and Saturday throughout the day......everybody has to cheer for them at the appropriate times. I will have to find the sheet, and send the times to those who have to cheer. Prayers for Mom's foot to not swell would be gratefully appreciated!

Well, I guess I better get on that piece of elastic.....it's a major rip out job, and then I think I will be giving a piece of elastic a piece of my mind. There is nothing that irritates me more than when I have to do something like this. It takes me a long time to fix it just because a piece of elastic can't hold itself together! It should have warned me that it was going to have issues before I sewed it into the waistband and gathered 5 yards of material around it. I think it is a pretty slouthful servant if you ask me.

Well, have a great week, and remember to do something nice for several people. Maybe make a special valentine for someone you love. Remember that Dad and I love you all very much, and we wish we could be there for hugs and late night talks.

Love you.

Mom

No comments: