Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wandering Mind...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Today has been a slow day, thank goodness! Running on three antihistamines and a decongestant, one has a really hard time keeping the old eyelids open. I think turtles move faster than I am today. However, in my few moments of being coherent, I have managed to accomplish just a few things.

First, the little man who lives in the computer tower at the Spring Cypress Studio got a real workout this morning as I typed name after name for the recital program. Shyla will be pleased to know I (yes Mom!) figured out how to work Excel to make a workbook that would sort the names alphabetically! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?? That poor little guy was really flexing his muscles today...he was really battling me on what I wanted to do, but I managed to get my way! And, the best part is, I almost have both studios done. That just leaves the slaves to double check the spelling of names....does anyone know a mutilingual slave who loves to proofread?

I tried another expedition to Target to finish collecting some goodies for my terribly spoiled children for Easter. Do you know that the chocolate bunnies do not like people to pick up their boxes? It seems that it messes up their little tails when people try to read the labels on the back. Well, one bunny got really bent out of shape, and threw himself off the top shelf clear to the floor. Close examination revealed that he wasn't really injured, but we had no way of telling if he has a concussion. My best advice, beware of chocolate bunnies in Easter baskets. There is no way to tell what their behavior may be like!

Jelly beans seem to be hiding from me lately also. Rumors past on from the Easter grass to the M & M's state that certain jelly beans do not want to go to college. They have heard that it is expensive, and they don't have any money saved. And besides, they want to experience life in the big candy bowl, and not in some college students stomach. All I can say is you guys must have some real bad stuff going on in your stomachs!

And did you hear about the M & M trauma? It was reported to me by the Snickers Bar that the Easter M & M's are very jealous of the everyday M & M's. It seems that the regular M & M's get more publicity all through the year, and go on more vacations, and attend more parties than the Easter M & M's. Who knew? There is a plot to sabatoge the next shipment of regular M & M's! Better stock up now!

Have you seen the Easter dinner napkins lately? There are some really scary ones out there. Buggy eyed bunnies chasing butterflies...Shyla would just shudder! I mean really, everyone knows that bunnies can't fly, so why chase the butterfly?

And just so all my kids know I have not last my mind, I can still sew a straight seam even though I am terribly over-medicated. Just check the Easter pillow cases if you don't believe me.

Dad appears to be almost super human these days. He had his first physical therapy today, which turned out to be a total waste of time and money. His body feels no pain and he has almost total usage of his knee. Who knew, Dad the super Gravity Guy! Guess we won't waste any more money on therapy. Cooper will probably take all the credit since she was in charge of his physical therapy right after his surgery. She can be a real drill sargent! Cymbre will claim it is because she did such a great job of freezing his knee, and I know it's because I was in charge of kisses!

Dance Showcase competition is next weekend. HEAVEN FORBID! Those hairnets, bobby pins, and fake eyelashes are really giving us a hard time. They don't want to ride in the make-up case this time...they want to go in a polka dot make-up bag. Maybe I'll drug them with my antihistamines! I could always give those puffed up eyelashes a haircut...that would put them in their place! But, how do you control a bobby pin? They tend to run in packs, and can stab you, or pinch when you least expect it. And if they call in reinforcements of the big long ones, they can really cut through a hairbun in nothing flat. And those hairpins...oh my gosh...have you seen them when they get all bent out of shape? Talk about arms and legs sticking out everywhere!

I have almost made it all the way around the sewing room in cleaning it up. Can you believe it? I actually have floor in there...it's quite an amazing concept. The vacumn is just elated at the prospect of slurping up all those thread scraps. However, the best meal the vacumn says are the ribbon scraps, or maybe just a bit of interfacing. It seems to spit out buttons and zipper pulls. It isn't to hopped up about all those dust bugs, and dead spider bodies I made it eat the other day. Hey, I figured it was better than the lizard I fed it not long ago! The vacumn put his beater brush down firmly yesterday and refused to eat those bent straight pins. He claims they hurt his little hose...give me a break...the thing is kinked anyway! And have you ever watched the stuff you collect in the bag part of the vacumn? My goodness, there are whole civilizations that reside in there! Who knew that lint could get along so well with beads, and that kite string tries to hug the hairball? Someone should really write a book!

Well, my codeine is making it very difficult to stay awake, and since Dad is snoring and cutting down giant redwood trees in our bedroom, I am going to sleep on the couch one more time.

All you kids reading this and laughing...I am glad to have given you a humorous break in your otherwise stressful day. Remember who you are, and that your Mom and Dad love you.

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Mom, if you don't happen to want random people reading and posting on your blog, let me know and I can show you how to make it so only those of us you want can. I'm glad Dad is feeling better.

Shyla said...

Hopefully you didn't buy buggy eye bunnies. I was just telling Russ about them the other day.