Thursday, March 1, 2007

Things Are Talking To Me Again

Well, I have spent the last half hour trying to sign in to my own blog. This stupid computer doesn't agree with what I tell it, and so I ended up abusing the thing to make it do what I want it to do.

I've decided those little men that live side this tower thing can't read my mind and connect their little wires where I need them to connect so the machine does what I want it to do.

All this is ok since inadament objects tend to talk to me. Here's what happened today:

I was innocently walking around Kohls and this mushy belly toy started talking to me and told me he has to go home with me. Further investigation of the bin holding this toy revealed many dissatisfied toys. The dog from the bottom of the bin was complaining that he was getting squished by the bear sitting on his nose. In the end, I rescued one of the toys from the bottom of the bin, but you will just have to wait and see which one it was. (Someone will get it from the far reaches of my closet for a present one day!) I hear that laughing!

Then I went to Walmart looking for St. Patrick's Day goodie box stuff, and decided that I should not have spent the last three weeks in bed being sick. I did manage to find a few little things that should occupy my seriously spoiled college kids, when these little gold coins began reporting all their troubles. Now gold coins are a rarity to me, so I stopped and listen to their report for a while. Seems they have been packed in dark boxes for weeks, only to be unpacked at noisy stores where little children poke and pinch them. Well, I put four packages of them out of their misery and brought them home. However, I can't find the pot to put them in to make a pot'o'gold for my goodie boxes. I have such trauma today.

Then I went to the fabric department looking for shamrock material, because someone whose initial is "R" thinks his pillowcase needs to match....do you know how hard it is to find matching material for something that was made years ago....so the bolt of material with the shamrocks starting telling me that I would never find a match and I should just buy new material that would be enough to make all 9 pillowcases I needed. Well, that lady would never come and cut it, so I just left since I had to get the Off Campus PE kid from school.

When I got to the school, it was like the wind was blowing the state of Texas right up to Kansas! Now I can take a little wind, after all we did live in Broomfield, Colorado, but to have the van rocking back and forth when I parked was just a bit much. I sat there for a minute before I had to brave the elements and walk into the school to sign Cooper out. Grabbing my cell phone in case I need to call Dad to save me from the weather, I tried to open the van door, only to have the thing almost amputate my leg as it slammed shut! Another try, and I managed to get out of the van, make it to the school front door and sign Cooper out. A daily ritual, since the school think terrorists come to get children every day. On the way back to the van, I was thinking that I needed my ruby slippers and ToTo since I was blowing to Kansas! Has anyone seen TOTO? And I know someone borrowed my ruby slippers! Give them back before I release the flying monkeys!

Now that you've all had a good laugh....get back to the homework!

Love you.

Mom

1 comment:

Shyla said...

LOL! That was great, just like the Christmas newsletter!