Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sheer Boredom!

May 1, 2011

So, I decided that since there isn't much I can do with my hand yet because they just fixed it last Tuesday that I would try to do some typing for a little while.  We'll see how long it lasts.......

My sewing room finally got put back together just before I had this last surgery....so now we just need the hand to heal, and then Grandma is GOING TO SEW!!!!  Not sure what I will make first, but it will be something other than the pile of mending in there in that bottomless basket.

The carpal tunnel surgery on my left wrist was a lot more painful than the right wrist....maybe it's because I was just already tired. Dad had to call for a pain medication adjustment, and when the surgeon added an Aleve with my vicodin things began to feel better.  He said I could take 2 vicodin, but 1 knocks me out for hours, so I didn't want to try 2.  These past 8-9 weeks of dealing with the right hand and elbow have been a REAL TRIAL of my patience.  I get so tired of starting to do something, and then in a little while I have to leave it and do something else because something starts hurting.  So I have all these little piles of unfinished projects and stuff and papers that are just sitting around waiting to be finished.  And now, I have added the other arm....although without the elbow issues, to the mix.  So who knows how long it will be before I actually have a full productive day again.  The hand surgeon says it will take a good 2-3 more months on the right arm, so the left will probably be sometime after that by a couple of months.  Maybe by the time school starts again, I will be busy all day.  At least the numbness is FINALLY mostly gone, and my hands feel so much better.

Had to go get a crown glued back on my back tooth after the surgery on Tuesday afternoon....it came off while I was eating lunch, and the dentist says it must have been knocked loose during the surgery.  It was definitely not what I needed to be doing when I was still groggy from the surgery.  However, everything seems to be fine now.

I must say doing things mostly one handed, and that hand only having a little power is TOTALLY FRUSTRATING!  Just changing the laundry is a 5 minute job....no washing dishes in the sink until the incision is healed, no bathes....which is killing me....just killing me!  Getting dressed is possible by myself, but it is painful, and not something I want to do repeatedly, so I stay in my nighty until I absolutely have to get in some clothes.  So this week when I take Cymbre to school, there is a real possibility that I will still have my nighty on....a good thing in case there is a need to go to the hospital I guess.....however, more for my own comfort....and since I don't get out of the car, and my nighty looks like a housedress.....people will just have to live.  Unscrewing the medicine bottles so I can keep myself alive is proving to be not an easy task....Dad has taken to making little cups of medicine for me each night....one with what I take in the morning, and one with the vitamins for the day....and he even remembered the vit D on Saturday.  Then he does it all again at night after he helps with my shower.  I can wash the left side of me, but the right side is a challenge with the left hand....I'll get it by the end of the week hopefully.

The van is in the shop so Dad will have to drive Cooper's mini until it gets home again....it lost all the water, so it had to go get fixed.  Dad thinks they will have it back in the next day or two.  There is no way I could drive the mini...well, I could, but it would have to stay in first gear....and that probably wouldn't be so good for it.

Cymbre hurt her back in dance this past week, so I am waiting to see if we need a doctor to look at her....

Dad got all Shyla's stuff out of the attic and we went through it all, so now he is going to send her some boxes and he will have more room in the attic.....there is still some stuff up in her room that belongs to her....

Cymbre is getting her braces back on the bottom teeth tomorrow....then she will FINALLY be on the road to finishing this long and drawn out expensive project.  The last thing will be bonding her two little front teeth to make them the size they are supposed to be, and they will do it when the braces are coming off.

The girls both finished all the TAKS testing stuff they have to do last week, so now the rest of the year they basically don't learn anything.....and my tax dollars are still paying these teachers?  What the heck??

I watched some of the royal wedding this past week, and it was a nice ceremony, however, it was totally lacking the proper authority.  It felt so different from a temple wedding to me.  The dress was lovely, the groom was handsome in his uniform, but the feeling just wasn't there....I guess the proper authority makes a major difference.  Cooper decided some things for her wedding....and then I reminded her that they don't need those things in the temple....she was relieved.  Although I think Caleb is still going to be stuck with reciting some scriptures....so I think he may need to start memorizing now.  I'll still take a temple wedding over the pomp and ceremony and the chance to be queen here on earth....seems to me the eternal blessings are so much more valuable than the earthly finery.  I got my prince, and he isn't leaving me behind at the grave!

My plans this week are to clean off the dining room table, which means I have to mail things to Shyla and Britni, get Easter stuff put away, dust everywhere again, and maybe work on the girl's dance resumes so we can get rid of some more stuff.

Dad sent the girls with another carload of stuff to Goodwill yesterday from the garage....we are determined to get rid of everything we aren't using....or if it belongs to the kids to organize it better so one day it can go live at their house.  At this point, Shyla's elephants, scrapbooks, games, and a few other things she wanted are all boxed and ready to ship.  Dad just needs the van back so he can take everything up there at once....good luck when it gets to your end Shyla!  I still need to get all her violin music books out to add the the boxes.

I have just about got all the food rotated in our 72 hours emergency kit....I hate that job.....seems like I just do it and it needs it again.  Have to rotate the clothes again too...those girls just seem to keep growing!  I was telling Dad, there is probably more than 3 days worth of food in ours, but at least we would have something to share if the need arises.  I still have to buy some more water as hurricane season is fast approaching again, but someone has to go with me to carry it right now.

Well, I probably should stop typing and let this dumb arm rest for a bit....guess I'll go see what Dad's doing.....Cooper is sleeping, and Cymbre is out with the Beehive leader visiting some less active girls.

Ya'll get out there and help someone....you never know who's had surgery and needs someone to carry something for them.....

Love you all.....Grandma needs to skype Jack and Lucy!

Mom




No comments: