Sunday, May 29, 2011

Can We Possibly Get A BREAK??

May 29, 2011

This week has been a very busy week with school winding down, Cooper getting a dance injury AGAIN, trips to the doctors, and a very quick trip to the Wimberley, TX area for a family high school graduation party, and Cymbre lost part of her wire on her bottom braces......will we every have a "normal" day....ever????
I am beginning to believe the quote I saw recently that said:  Around here, normal is just a setting on the washing machine!  And on my machine, it doesn't always spin right!  Just par for the course around here I guess!

Now begins the "How to keep the girls entertained for summer dilemma....I mean there's only so much shopping we can do before it gets REALLY boring....and we have to clean out the girls bedrooms like we do every summer......and there are trips planned.....and we have to clean out the dance room like we do every summer, and there are parties to have......and we have to clean out the pantry like we do every summer......and lunches to go to with friends.....and mom wants to clean out the laundry room.....and we need to hang out with friends......and there is still some stuff in the garage to clean out.....and we always have to find time to skype the grandbabies!

My sewing machine is in need of a trip to the sewing machine hospital.....it's slowly dying, and I am not sure that they will be able to fix the thing.....but I think one last ditch effort may be worth it before I sell the thing to them for scrap parts......not that any of the parts are worth using on somebody else's machine!  So, I will probably have to get a brand new machine!   UGH!!!!  Some people have said to try ebay and other such sites, but why would I want to buy someone else's used machine that I can't get parts for?   We'll just have to pay for the new one, and then I will have to go to the classes to make sure I can make it do everything, and then I will still try to make it do some things it's probably not supposed to do, but will do it anyway1  That's how it was with the one I have now.  At any rate, something will probably have to be done before much sewing gets done on costumes this year.

We have to get things ready for the girls to go to girl's camp with the church this week, they go on the 13th....till the 17th.  Guy is driving up and staying the day, but will come home when the evening shift of men get there.  Then we will hae 4 days of no kids......don't know what we will do to occupy ourselves.


My hands are no longer numb, but still are regaining the strength back from having carpal tunnel surgery.  I am so thankful for that doctor.....no more numbness just because I use my hands to do normal mom things!  The strength will return, it just takes time, and I have NO patience with waiting!  Seems to me if they don't hurt they should be able to do everything again.  That's my theory!


Next weekend I will be in Oklahoma with Britni....she is getting inducted into an honor society, so I am going up to the ceremony and to spend a day with her.  It will be fun to be just her and me for a bit.  I plan on eating Taco Bueno!  Yes, I do!

Well, I thinks it's bathtime, so guess I will close for tonight.

Spend some time tomorrow remembering those who fight for our freedoms, and those that have paid a high price for it also.

And, get out there and do something for someone....it will make you feel good.

Love you.



Mom




No comments: