Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm Still Alive!

June 14, 2011

The girls are both up at girl's camp for the week, Dad is working everyday, so that leaves me to my own devices all day everyday.....not sure I like not having anyone to talk to me all day, day in and day out!  It gets a bit quiet around here, except for the dryer hum, and the washer spinning, and the vacumn running!  Then there's the ceiling fans, and the air conditioner, but have you ever tried to talk to a ceiling fan?  They don't even cooperate when you try to dust them, so why would they want to carry on an intelligent conversation with a person?


Dad is driving Cooper's mini to work....it gets better gas mileage than the van....I must admit, he does look a bit funny scrunched up in that little tiny car!  Better him than me....I'm just saying!


I am finally beginning to feel better....ever since I came home from Tulsa two weekends ago, I have had a stomach ache....spent several days in bed not eating ANYTHING, but have progressed to eating like a bird again.  This isn't a good situation for someone who takes insulin and has to eat on a schedule.....what an ordeal!

And because of the busyness of the weekend in Tulsa, I didn't even get to call my friend....she probably hates me now.....I hope not!


Cooper spent a great deal of last week in bed with a fever of 102...the doctor couldn't find flu or strep, no sore throat, no ear issues....just fever, chills, headache, and not wanting to move.  So, we let her sleep, while the rest of us tried to carry on and get all her YCL things ready for camp.  We made 19 super hero capes, a devotional with handouts, bed nametags, and lesson on Queen Esther, 2 sets of pillow treats in addition to trying to survive getting two girls ready for camp.....and a Mom not feeling well.  We managed, but there were times I thought it would be just easier to lay down and die!


Summer is already starting the usual "busyness", and some days I just wish we could stay in our jammies all day long....never leave the house, and waste time all day.  Not likely to happen around here with everything that is going on.  Cooper is getting ready to go to Tap Kids back east for two weeks....mom has to tag along.  Cymbre is going to Utah to visit Caleb and Shyla and the babies for the same two weeks....Cooper has EFY in San Antonio beginning the 4th of July, and then Cooper will take her turn to go see the babies in August.  Cymbre would be going to EFY too except that she isn't old enough....so she will stay home with mom and dad....heaven help her!  Both girls have a tap intensive the end of July here at our studio....a master teacher from California we know is coming to teach....should be fun for the girls.


I have managed to finish putting the coat closet back together today....cleaned it out before all this camp stuff started, but TODAY finally got everything back inside instead of camping out in the baby cradle.  Got rid of a hugh basket of mittens, umbrellas, raincoats that were too little, etc.....yet another trip to Goodwill.


We have discovered that Cooper has an extra bone in her foot right by her arch....not usually a big problem, but for a dancer it creates big problems when it decides to hurt.....we were told she would need surgery, but thank goodness we got a second opinion....and now she is doing some exercises to stretch the tendon right there, and she shouldn't have further problems as long as she keeps doing these exercises...I think she feel the movitation.....I'm just saying!@


Cymbre is almost all back in her braces again....hopefully, when we finish this round, she will have a beautiful smile....and expensive, beautiful smile!


Both the girls are busy serving in their class presidencies....I have decided that having Cymbre being the beehive president means mom does a LOT of work.....Cooper is a counselor, so her's isn't quite so much.  However, we have pulled of some tremendous activities, and the girls are both learning some great leadership skills.  Cymbre even managed to get two inactive girls and their moms out to the mother's day activity she planned.  Not bad for her first activity, I'd say.


Well, I am going to go fire up the jacuzzi....and read my book....I have one of those that you can't put down again...so I just keep it by the tub.  I really should read my scriptures for my lesson, but I think I will read the book instead.


Everyone give those grandbabies big hugs and kisses from Grandpa and Grandma, and the Aunties.....skype soon.


Love you.


Mom

No comments: