Friday, April 15, 2011

Mom 157, Flies 0

April 15, 2011

In the latest fly wars, Mom is at 157 dead flies, and the flies are at 0 dead humans!  Guy thinks maybe there were eggs in the new carpet, and they are just hatching.....hopefully, we are almost done dealing with these pesky creatures!  I hate flys and I really hate them buzzing around in the windows under the blinds!  However, I have my trusty "fly Swicker" as Caleb used to call it, and I think I am winning this battle!

The girls have a big competition tonight....it's the one that qualifies them to go to the National Competition.  However, even if they qualify, which they always do, they won't be going this year.  Cooper will be doing Tap Kids, and Cymbre will be hugging on the nieces and nephew during that time.

Today will be a busy day....I have to re-rehinestone a couple of costume parts, get a new hair flower for Cooper's tap costume....she lost her other one, and sew a new hook and eye on Cooper's duet dress.  None of it will take much time, but needs doing before we can go to competition tonight.

I am making progress in the sewing room....can you imagine that I FINALLY have all the patterns filed in the pattern file.   I NEVER have that!  Guess you could say, it is definitely time to start sewing again. Dad carted down some more stuff for me to put away last night, so once I get the competition stuff done, I will be working on that again.  Set up the sewing machines yesterday....I still think I need a little table for the serger.  I have the closet pretty much done with empty drawers that I am sure will find some contents soon.

Also must work on my lesson for Sunday today.....and do the laundry.  Probably need a trip to the grocery store to pick up medicine and fresh rolls and probably milk.  And while I am out, I may just stop and treat myself to lunch....always a fun thought!

Must get busy....too many things to do before bedtime tonight....

Get out there and do something for someone...it will make your day!

Hug those babies for Grandpa and Grandma and the Aunties!

No comments: