Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday!

July 29, 2009

It's Wednesday, and Cymbre is having Dylan over. Cooper is going swimming at Taylor's. That will keep them occupied until almost the time Dad comes home. Guess I get to do what I want this afternoon....may start a white baby blanket, or sew, or clean out the pantry.

I managed to get appointments with both the new orthodontists that our dentist wants us to go see. Changing orthodontists is a real pain. Our current one is fighting with the dentist regarding Cymbre's treatment, and that isn't going over very well with the parents. I think she is pull teeth happy!

I think Dad has the storage unit mostly cleaned out...Cymbre thinks the bathroom looks like a rainforest over by the whirlpool. I put a couple of the ficus trees back in there. I had some, then gave them to Britni, and now they are back.

I have two scrub tops done, and am working on the third one. Britni will love them.

Cooper got to work on her pointe solo with Ms. Casey. That thing is going to be hard. She has to go slow, and that's really hard for Cooper. She usually goes fast in tap and jazz, so this will be good for her.

Cymbre is starting her Jazz solo with Ms. Andee when she gets back from NYC. I'm glad Andee got to go. It will help her with the girls.

It's triple digits here again today...I can hardly wait for middle of August.

Well, my back is finally feeling a bit better after the last bout of spasms! Thank goodness! I hate sleeping propped up on piles of pillows just so I can breathe without sharp pain. Better today though. We'll see how long it lasts.

Dad finally changed the hands on the clock Caleb built at school...we can finally see what time it is in the office. The problem was, the background of the clock is dark, and they had him put dark hands on it. Now we have pretty gold hands that actually go with the numbers. It's really pretty now.

We found Cooper the sweaters she wanted for school, and Cymbre loves her rhino shoes. Cooper is waiting for her kangaroo shoes. She ordered them online, but they haven't come yet. They are backordered, so it could be a couple of more weeks.

Shyla and Russell are in the middle of packing and loading, and moving. What a pain for them! Wish we could have gone to help, but Dad just couldn't get away right now.

We have the ok to use the material we bought for the pointe solo costume from Ms. Casey, so I guess I could start working on that. We have a picture...so that means drawing pattern pieces again! THAT'S better than ton of tulle! We think we know what we are doing for Cymbre's jazz, but we are waiting to see what Ms. Andee comes up with in NYC. She was going to look for some costumes for the girls while she was there. I am hoping that she finds some, then I don't have to make all of them this year.

Andee found a really good song for a duet for the girls. I am hoping that we can come up with the money for them to do it this year....I already told them if we do, they need to have a cheaper costume for it. It would be either tap or jazz. Andee just stumbled onto the song, and brought it to listen to. The girls loved it.

Dad has to take the car back to the dealer. The passenger back door is having issues with the lock. It doesn't like to lock or unlock. So, since it's still under warranty, he is going to take it back...probably one day next week. At least before school starts again. Once school starts, I can't be without a car. I have to get the girls everyday for off campus PE. Cymbre can still ride the bus to school, but they have cut out all buses for kids less than 2 miles to school. You have to be handicap, or special ed to ride this year. It's all budget cuts. Cooper won't ride a bus this year as she will carpool from seminary to school. Then I will pick her up everyday, and hurry to get Cymbre.

Dad dug up some more of the holly bushes out in the front. He hated those bushes, and they were looking scraggly, so now they are gone. Don't know what he will put in their place. I guess I have to help decide, but maybe we just won't do anything.

Guess that's about all the news for today...guess I will go get some lunch.

Mom

No comments: