Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Morning

July 26, 2009

It's Sunday morning, and Cymbre and I are home from church. She has a fungus growing on her leg that is itching terribly, and my back is having it's spasms again. I am going to make a Doctor appointment for my back one day soon! Laying down to sleep is becoming increasingly more uncomfortable! Dumb back! It interfers with all my fun some days.

We have been continuing to get things clean out, cleaned up, and organized, and sorted through. Making very good progress. Dad is finishing up the attic, and is cleaning out the storage unit. That money will now help to pay Ms. Andee for a private lesson once a month to work on harder tap steps.

The girls have been invited back to the Mark Goodman Totally Tap thing again this year....I guess we will go to Columbus, Ohio in October. Guess we will get to see just a tiny bit of where Caleb was for two years on his mission. Dad says the weather will probably be better there in October, than in North Carolina in January. And in January, the girls are going to the Jump Dance Convention anyway. Dad is looking into reservations this next week. Shyla will need to cooperate and not have the baby that weekend.

Ms. Andee and Ms. Kristin are in NYC this next week, and they are going to look for some costumes for the girls. I told them, call me before you buy anything. Some of those places can be really expensive, but I trust Andee to make a good decision.

We managed to get tickets to see Mary Poppins here in Houston. The Broadway group is touring, and Cooper wanted to see Bert tap dance on the ceiling again. Cymbre hasn't seen it, so we have tickets to see it on November 7th. Again, we are hoping that Shyla will cooperate, and Mom can be back in Houston. If not, they will get a friend to use Mom's ticket.

Cymbre is cleaning out the marker drawers today...you know, taking out all the ones that don't work....should cut down on some space there.

Cooper and Cymbre have their sewing machines out again....Cooper made another purse, and Cymbre is working on pillow cases, and finishing a couple of baby things. Then they are going to work on some dresses we got patterns for, and pillows for their beds.

The girls have almost finished rhinestoning their Koenig jackets. Just have to wait on the last of the stones to get here....I had to order some more crystal 20's to finish the arm strips.

Cooper is supposed to work on her pointe solo, and start her trio this next week. She is thrilled to see Ms. Casey again. The trio is with Jessica, and all three girls seem to be excited about that one.

We are having some friends come over this week...the girls are beginning to get bored with just Mom all day, so I am importing friends. School starts on August 24th, so they don't have to much more time to squeeze in all the fun they still want to have. At least we have all the doctor appointments done, and new glasses bought. The school supplies are all bought, so it's just a few clothing items left to find....Cooper wants long corduroy pants, and they aren't in the stores yet. And they both want a trip to Forever XX1. We also still have to go to the outlet mall baby shopping with Ms. Christine next door. I think she plans on spoiling Shyla's baby just a bit!

Dad and I are getting the baby a swing, but are waiting to have it shipped until they are settled in California. That is happening this next week. I must say, I am glad it is them moving and not Dad and I .... We have done our fair share of that over the years. I guess I will be going to California when the baby comes instead of Utah.

Cooper is beginning to read her summer reading assigned book, so that means school must be getting closer. We have the off campus stuff set up for both girls, and the dance stuff is set up, so hopefully, this next year will be a happier year for them both. Last year, with the dance mess, they were miserable.

Well, that's about all the news for this morning....I think I may go sit on a pillow and try to do some sewing...I am working on the scrub tops I have cut out for the nurse in our family. Although, rumor has it that she doesn't need them, but she likes to have new ones that Mom makes. Also decided to get a start on PJ pants for this Christmas. I have bought some of the material, and want to get some done before I have to do costumes again.

Everyone have a great week, and remember to talk to your Heavenly Father. Send special hugs and kisses to Grandpa Petersen....

Love you.

Mom

No comments: