Monday, January 5, 2009

Medicine Running Amuck!

January 5, 2009

Some days I thought I would never make it to this date! This past year has been a crazy one with health issues for me. However, it looks to be that I am on the mend, however, the old back still spasms some days, and the toe doesn't bend quite right. Oh well, life could be worse.

We had a great Christmas, and had some fun with Britni being home. I'm glad she came as she picked up some slack from a slow moving mom.

I'll try to get some photos on here tomorrow....but no one hold your breathe. I promise it will take more than just a minute!

We are in the organize stuff mode around here, and today I did the medicine cabinet. I must say, it is the prettiest one in town for a day or two. Who knew that those bandaids could migrate all over the cabinet, and multiply right in front of your eyes! I tell you, I started with just a few in the little basket I keep them in, and then I found more and more, and now I have an overflowing basket. Those little guys really get around! And the Benedryl, my goodness, it trys to snuggle up to everything! (It could be the sticky bit on the side of the bottle!) I finally got it detached from the Motrin, and made a special space on the shelf for the overfriendly bottle. Then I discovered that the Tylenol was running amuck! Can you believe that I have three boxes of Jr. Tylenol, and could never find one when I needed it? Give me a break, the box is bright read for pete's sake! The codeine cough medicine was trying to hang back at the back corner of the shelf. Further investigation revealed that it just wasn't feeling quite up to company....interesting....neither did the decongestant. I think something may be up there....guess I better watch that top shelf a bit better. If you put the two of them together, you could really be doped up! Maybe I need to call in the thermometers...I have three of them. You know, I still really just like the old mercury one. I know, mercury poisioning, but I am not planning on breaking the thing! Those digital things will give you a different reading every time. Which leaves you with the time honored Mom test, a hand on the kids forehead, and a "I think you have a fever routine"! Works for me, and I haven't managed to kill any of my five kids yet! Those asthma inhalers take up a lot of space in the cabinet....I guess since three of us use them, they are entitled to monopolize space. You might say, you can be a real sniffer at our house. You can have Steroids even! And if you are really having problems breathing, we can hook you up with the nebulizer....those clouds, they can really make you jittery! Cymbre hates them. I also discovered that no one in the medicine cabinet wants to be friends with the wart killer stuff.....can't imagine why not???? Maybe it's because you get a frosty reception every time you talk to her. And just what does a person do with the tube of expired neosporin? Do you hold a little funeral for it because of all the faithful service it has rendered in it's lifetime? Do you wrap it tenderly in some tissue before placing it ever so carefully in the trash can? I suppose you could build a little shadow box for it, and hang it in the bathroom as a little shrine to our families' health...just think of all the times it's covered cuts, scraps, bug bites, etc. The allergy eyedrops were wondering why everytime they make a friend, that person becomes a little "misty eyed"? For the life of me, I just can't imagine! If those blood pressure pills fall out of the cupboard and spill one more time, my blood pressure will never be the same. Those tiny things roll EVERYWHERE!!

OK, enough of this...I must go find the muscle relaxer, take a quick shower, and put the ice on my foot. Then sleep fast before 6:10am rolls around again.

Everyone remember to make someone else's day brighter. It's actually fun.

Dad and I love you very much.

Mom

No comments: