Monday, January 26, 2009

How Do You Work A Serger?

January 26, 2009

OK, I bought a serger over a year ago, and finally had time to take it out of the box today! I know, I really need to get myself organized so I can play with my new toys.

So it took me over an hour to figure out how to thread 2 of the 4 threads. I'm not a dummy when it comes to sewing machines, but a serger I discovered that you have to use tweezers to reach some of the places you have to thread the thing. And getting the thread through two needles is still another challenge.

I almost forgot to get Cymbre because I was trying to thread the machine by watching the DVD that came with it. I am never going to take the threads out, just tie the new color on and pull it through by undoing the tension.

Speaking of tension....oh my goodness! I have been playing with those 4 knobs for 2 HOURS! I just can't get it right....just when I think I have the top two threads right, I turn it over and the bottom two are messed up! Everyone says it takes a while, but I was hoping to use this new toy to work on Cooper's dance costume tonight....however, I may just resort to my old faithful machine.

I actually think someone is out to get me!

Mom

No comments: