Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Costume Creations Maybe?

January, 13, 2009

Today I have spent a great deal of time cutting out costumes. It's Cooper's Stand Out solo costume. There must be 15 yeards of that TULLE stuff that I hate! Five layers of colors, times 4 layers of each color in varying lengths. Why I ever let her talk me into this is purely beyond my comprehension. I must have been drugged! Then she wants Christmas balls for buttons, and there are Aqua feathers for the hat....she will really STAND OUT!

Also spent some time cutting out the blessing outfit for Baby Jack. I think I will try to get that tulle wrestled into submission in the morning, and then move on to the baby outfit.

When the girls get home, we have to pack our suitcases to be ready to go to Raleigh, North Carolina on Friday.

Went to lunch with Elizabeth Brown today, and had a great time. We didn't go to Wendy's since that is where we would take Ethan, but we went to Candelaris instead. We had the pizza buffet and salad. Had a good long visit, which was good for Elizabeth. She wanted to talk about Ethan, his headstone, going through his stuff, and why she still feels such a loss.....can't imagine. He has only been gone about 6 weeks.

Dad was in Stavanger, but is on his way to London. He will call again in the morning....he is going somewhere else, but I don't remember where. He will come home on Saturday, and the girls and I will be home on Monday. Hopefully, Dad will be able to find the car at the airport...he left me a map of where to park it.

The ironing basket has been trying to get my attention lately....it's overflowing AGAIN. That's a constant problem at my house.....I even gave it a corner in the bedroom all it's very own....it has it's own big basket, but yet again it is spilling over the top.

Just what is it about ironing that is so distastful? Could it be the totally cotton wrinkled business shirts of Dad's? (He irons them more than I do lately) Maybe it's just the thought of standing on this dumb foot that just turns me off, or maybe the time missed sewing fun things. Maybe I just need a good chick flick on TV so I will spend the two hours ironing away. Or maybe we need to improve the clothes to the point that they never need ironing!

Today I overheard Dad's business shirts flirting with my lacy blouse...can you imagine? They were making plans for a date, but I think they have forgotten that they need to be worn on a body to go anywhere. And, Dad isn't here to wear his part.

Then Cooper's skirts were raising a ruckus because Dad's pants were squishing them...give me a break, do Dad's pants weigh a ton? I don't think so. Cymbre's poor jackets were totally at the bottom of the pile....talk about wrinkles. I will really have to use some steam there.

And those Christmas linen napkins...who knew that they would try to tell all the other ironing they are the most special pieces just because they go with Mom's Christmas Spode dishes. My goodness, aren't they humble?

The Thanksgiving tablecloth just wants everyone to be quiet so it can rest up for next year. I think it figures that it will still be in the ironing when it's time to come out for a visit again. That's a real possibility around here.

I may have to break down and iron some of my long pants, it's kind of cold down here lately...they probably have some complaint since they have been in that basket for months. Maybe they will want a retirement clause written into their contract!

The poor basket is probably having back problems. It's so overstuffed and overflowing that I have to lean it up against the bookshelf, and the wall....I can only imagine what's it's doctor would tell me. Talk about muscle strain! The little spiny things on the side of the basket are bulging too....can't imagine what surgery would cost to fix all of them. Probably not worth it, as it would probably not work any better than my toe! Are there really doctors for laundry baskets?

Well, I am not going to make a resolution to always have my ironing done....I think only boring women have the ironing done. I would rather sew than iron any day.

Well, enough of this foolishness for tonight. I must go take a bath, and try to sleep for a bit tonight. Maybe I can since it's the third night Dad has been gone...CNN here I come.

All of you remember to talk to your Heavenly Father, and also remember that your parents love you very much.

Share your smile with someone...

Love.

Mom

No comments: