Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Misc. Stuff

November 12, 2008

We have the Saturn back, and it looks ok to me.....Dad will look at it when he comes back from the SEG Convention in Las Vegas.

We also got the dryer fixed...something about drum roller balls seizing up. The guy was more interested in lecturing me about emptying the lint trap than fixing the dryer. So there was two loads of lint in it. I empty it before I start a load, not when I finish a load....and who died and made him the lint God anyway? At 2:30 am on Tuesday, I was not interested in getting the lint out, just getting the clothes dried in case the repairman left my dryer in pieces.

It's been pouring rain ever since Dad left, and I figured out how to turn off the sprinklers so we didn't look like fools and water the lawn in the pouring rain. You know how Dad has a canary about that.

I even remembered to collect and put the trash out....guess you could say I am batting a thousand this week so far.

Today, Cooper is staying after school for an 8th grade party, and Cymbre is going to see Dr. Ermac about her allergies. She has just been miserable, and I think we need to change her medicine. I gave her some of Cooper's for the last two nights, and they seem to make it better for her, so I am going to ask Dr. Ermac for perscriptions for Cymbre for the same medicine.

I have been working constantly on some Christmas presents that I am making, and yesterday, I dug out the material for millions of pairs of PJ pants. I think this tradition definitely has to go....everyone is wanting more than one pair. The little girls are especially bad, they just think they need pj pants out of every piece of cute material they see.....the problem is they need them too. We'll see how many my foot survives making.

Got two costumes mostly done, so there are just three left. Have to draw the patterns, so that will take some time. I think I will get Britni to help me get the tulle cut when she comes for Thanksgiving.

We are so looking forward to having Britni home....the little girls are wanting to go places with her, and keep the traditions alive they have formed when she comes to town. Never know, we may even manage an early morning after Thanksgiving shopping trip to Kohls. We seem to like that place about 4 am. They always have something we want for someone for Christmas. Last year, it was the earphones for Russell.

Britni will also probably help me get out the Christmas china we use from Thanksgiving to Christmas. The little ones always like the Christmas dishes. Thank goodness, I had the forethought to bring them from England. Spode china here is too expensive!

Well, must get busy making the rhinestone choker for Cooper's tap costume, and sewing the lace on Cymbre's bobby socks. Then on to the doctor, dinner, dance....homework, baths, bed, with ice on the old foot. Dad will call sometime in there....next time I AM GOING with him.

Have a good day. Call someone you haven't talked to in a long time. Little sisters miss you.

Mom

1 comment:

Lady in Waiting said...

I got it mixed up then I thought we had taken it before not after. Anyway, I'm soooo excited to be coming home...can we decorate for Christmas while I'm home? I want to set up a nativity and I haven't gotten to do that in a long time. Oh and could you email me the girls blog sites, the email with them got deleted before I could put it in my favorites.