Saturday, November 8, 2008

Drama In The Sewing Room

November 8, 2008

OK, well I went in to clean up some of the mess in the sewing room, and you would not believe the drama!

I got the box out to put the extra costume stuff back in, and find some more stuff for another costume, and I had MUTINY on my hands! I guess I mistakenly bought some material that is scared of the dark, and so the remains of Cymbre's poodle skirt did not want to get back in the box! I set it down to make some space in the box, and the stuff just fell off the pile and came all unfolded. What a mess, three colors of felt all over....that's when the tulle told me that felt is scard of the dark! Then the feathers for Cooper's Stand Out hat didn't want to get smashed into the box either. Give me a break....who ever heard of feathers raising a ruckus! I mean really, there are two of them, so they each have a friend. Then I find out from the netting that the tulle thinks the netting is too scratchy. WHAT? Tulle isn't so unscratchy itself. While wrestling every bit of tulle and tulle ruffling back into the box, I discovered a spool of thread that has decided to unravel. Now if a spool of thread is going to go crazy and unravel everywhere, the least it could do it contain itself to one section of the box....not this one. This one decided to get all tangled up in the nylon mesh, Christmas balls, earrings, and buttons. Does anyone know a good thread psychiatrist? This spool has really lost it's mind! Rumor also has it that measuring tape is just about at his wits end. He is losing the little metal clasp on his end, and he feels like he is losing his clothes. I tried to glue the thing back on him, but he complained that the glue was to sticky. DUH!! AND, those straight pins must be having some kind of party. I found them all over the room. They must be becoming teen-age straight pins because I found them in pairs over under the yarn sack. Can you imagine my shock? It seems like just yesterday I bought those babies. I saved the cording just in time....those scissors were about to cut it into a zillion pieces. I've been told just recently by the bias tape, that scissors and cording don't get along very well when left alone for more than a moment. And, the zipper seems to be having dental problems. It's losing some of his teeth. Maybe I can get some dentures made for it. The poor iron is so distraught with so much work this week, she can be seen just blowing off steam! I had to move the chiffon so she didn't melt it. And the ironing board cover asked if I could give her a bath....seems she doesn't like the stains she is developing after such a bunch of ironing of costume parts this week. She doesn't like the starch buildup either. Is anyone happy in the sewing room? Pinking shears have gone on vacation, and all my sources are claiming they don't know where she went or when she will return. I hope it's soon, I may need her for something. My new ruffler seems to be the only one happy at the moment....he is quite content in his special spot in the third drawer down, right next to the walking foot. Maybe they can become best friends and make something wonderful together! I also have some pattern pieces that are playing hide and seek...well, I gave up the game and put the envelopes away in the drawer anyway. When those pieces decide to show themselves again, I'll grab them before they know what hit them, and into those envelopes they go. I secretly think that once you let patterns loose, there is no returning them to their proper envelopes! They seem to moan and scream if you fold them the wrong way, but they don't fit into the envelope if you don't fold them all up small. I still think when I pass the door of the room I can hear whimpers coming from the costume box and the pattern drawer. I could just fix the whole bunch of them, and shut the door. With the blinds drawn, it is so dark in there....it would just serve everyone right.

Well, enough of this foolishness for tonight.

Cymbre is still suffering quite a bit with her back injury. Say your prayers that she will feel better....I don't need another trip to the Urgent Care place this week.

Dad leaves for the SEG convention in Las Vegas this Sunday and returns on Friday. Guess we will see what happens this week.

I have to deal with the body shop and the rental car place for the Saturn this week.....that should be interesting. They say the Saturn is fixed, but they called Dad's office instead of home, and he was out of town....should be interesting when I go on Monday to pick the car up.

Well, I am going to fold some material I washed, and then take my bath.

I will try to post photos of the girls costumes tomorrow.

Everyone do something nice for someone this week....

Love you.

Mom

No comments: