Thursday, September 25, 2008

We're Still Breathing!

September 25, 2008

Cooper managed to go to dance again tonight! HURRAH!!! Maybe with the studio running again, and the prospect of good dance parts in the Spring show, and Cymbre on the mend from her bronchitis we can start to get our life back to some kind of normal. However, we are still praying that normal means mom's face isn't numb anymore!

After a third trip to the doctor, and a third antibiotic, Cymbre is finally feeling much better. She is even sleeping in her own bed tonight....instead of propped up on 4 pillows in bed with me. I've had to keep putting her back on the pillows every hour or so to keep her from coughing fits that wake the entire house. I think she will be back in school tomorrow.

Cooper loved dance tonight, and came home saying that they want her to audition for the Spring Show in November. Seems they need their very best tapper to be Bert in their Mary Poppins show. Gee, I think we have a costume already, at least for two chimney sweeps!

Had a really interesting conversation with a mom from the old dance studio today...she brought some things over to be altered and stayed and chatted a while. It appears things are falling apart up there, and Ginny is spending lots of her time at the restaurant with the accountant and some drinks. The money is not coming in, and people are fussing at the office staff. Costumes are around $200 each, (which is way more than I let Ginny bill for) and now the girls at that studio cannot attend the Shock Dance Convention because they have to practice their company dances because they missed during the hurricane. The problem with that is that those master teachers are only in Houston one day, and it's a great opportunity for the dancers. Several of the moms are not happy about having company rehearsals when they could be going to the dance convention. People are really trying to figure out where I took the girls, and several are threatening to quit by Christmas.

On a brighter note, Ms. Andee will be here again on Saturday to work on the solos and duet, and the new studio has given the girls time on Saturday afternoon to run them in the big room.

I have been resting my foot, and spending some time at the sewing machine this past week. The bruising is getting a bit better, but still fairly bad right around the incision. Still swollen, and I really love that ice cast every night at bedtime. Now if those steroids would just make the numbness in my face go away, I might get more done.

Mailed some things to college kids this week, but there is another pile developing on the dining room table....it's a never ending problem I have. This pile seems to be aimed for little ones, and it's getting bigger as I spend more time at the sewing machine. Soon I will mail a box to Caleb for Baby Jack! I still need to dig through the cedar chest for Caleb's baby things.

Next week I have to get started on the solo and duet costumes....finally have most of the pieces. I still have to find taps for Cymbre's saddle shoes, and order rhinestones. Those are more expensive this year so I have waited a bit.

As of yet, Dad has not listed my toe on Ebay, so I guess he thinks I will live for a while longer! Who knows, I seem to be having a bad year.

Here's everyone's notice......Christmas lists are needed by the end of this month. Be aware that Christmas will not be as big this year as we are paying for dance now. I MUST HAVE waist and inseam measurements or there won't be anything to wear on Christmas Eve. I can't just sew all day as my foot swells, so time is limited. Shopping is a REAL TRIAL, so be gentle! I can make it through the grocery store in about an hour and a half, but I assume you don't want cans of soup or pasta for Christmas! At the current rate, we may not make it to Orlando as we have planned. Everyone say your prayers my foot heals, and starts to bend like it needs too.

Well, must go try to get some sleep....after three nights of keeping Cymbre on the pillows and dozing in between, I am pretty tired.

Remember to do something nice for a stranger today....it will make them smile.

Talk to your Heavenly Father too, He misses you.

Love you.

Mom

No comments: