Monday, September 1, 2008

Adventures in the Sewing Room

September 1, 2008

My foot is not swollen to twice the size and numb, so I decided to spend a few minutes writing on my blog....some of my kids think I don't write often enough. I don't think the kids write often enough if you want my honest opinion!

Today has been a day of watching the news, and being grateful that the hurricane didn't hit Houston straight on. We are expecting some rain, but nothing like the folks in Louisiana got today.

Cooper has been sewing her Christmas presents for everyone....I think I have another sewer in the family. She loves to make things, and has done a great job on what she chose to make everyone....she will be excited to hear what ya'll think when you open them.

Cymbre has decided that she likes to iron....I just don't know....I think she is losing it! However, she is keeping a lot of the ironing done, and frankly that's just fine with me. My foot won't stand all those hours anyway...I just pay her some extra allowance to do it.

I finally got the sewing room in some kind of order, there is still some things I would rather clean up better, but my foot limits activity, so I am settling for being able to have a clear path to the sewing machine and seeing the floor! I just don't understand how that room gets so messed up. You would think there is some kind of conspiracy going on in there....I can just see the rotary cutters gathering all the spools of thread during the night and figuring out a plan to involve the lace and ribbon in getting everything else to revolt and leave their homes to create havoc in the room. I mean really, those measuring tapes can really get out of hand quickly once they decide to come unwound! And who knows what could happen with the elastic and the velcro if someone really got them wound up. And just think about all the piles of fabric, and the patterns. I mean really, what would a person do if all the patterns decided to change envelopes? Then there is the glue gun that could really hold something hostage if it got together with the rhinestone glue. Not to mention the label maker....can't you just see everything labeled in some foreign language? And if that tube turner had it's way, who knows what would happen to all the bias tape! Those bobbins could really create problems if they decided to band together and mix the colors up every so often on each bobbin.....what a nightmare that would be. Those appliques could really confuse someone by putting themselves where they were hidden until the clothes were put on....and the lace, let me tell you, it could tie up everything but the spools of ribbon, and if they worked together the place could be like a spider web! The interfacing I have heard has plans to adhere itself to the tissue paper thereby making itself totally useless because it wants a life of leisure. Seems to me, it would be better off doing it's job in a dance costume collar! The tulle I discovered has plans to run away and join the circus because it thinks that the clowns will appreciate it more than I do. I say let it go! And it can take the netting as a traveling companion and I won't mind...! We won't even talk about the feather boas...I still am cleaning those darn feathers up from the Cootie costumes I made three years ago...and the Paris costume just added to the floating feathers in the room everytime the ceiling fan is on. And yes, I have thoroughly cleaned the room several times. The yarn is crying because I have been crocheting while I rest my foot and it doesn't want to be made into afghans and be shipped off where it won't see it's friends anymore. The fleece fabric is threatening to strike if we fringe it's edges anymore, and the velvet had a heart attack just thinking about becoming some weird costume. There are some silk flowers hiding in the corners, and I guess I should bug the room with microphones to find out just what they are plotting....All in all, I think it's a miracle I can walk in the room without being trampled!

And just so you know, I have not taken paid medicine in days... all this craziness comes from my children!

Have a great day, Dad and I love you very much.

Mom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you are still on the meds. :)