Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Split Personality

October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

It is almost time to get the girls ready for Trick or Treating. And where is Dad?? Malaysia! Just how am I supposed to take the girls out, and stay home to hand out the candy. Taking the girls is Dad's job, and I stay home and try to get something done while I answer the door! Guess it is time for my split personality to come out tonight! I usually try to keep her hidden.

Oops, the dryer is buzzing, back in a minute.....

I'm back! Aren't you happy!

Well, I finally got Shyla's birthday stuff in the mail...hope it gets there.

Things at the dance studio are heating up with some of the costuming for competition coming in and needing altering, and some made here at home. I got the duet one for Cooper done, and she performed last weekend. It looked GREAT, even if I do say so myself. I have a month of my time involved in that costume. Now is it on to Cymbre and Megan's duet costumes, and then Super Cali production.

My elbow is all swollen up today...haven't figured out what I did. It has been hurting me for about a week, but today it is swollen. Maybe it was all the pushing I did making covered buttons for the Happy Feet tuxedos today. Probably strained something.

OK, Is EVERYBODY PAYING ATTENTION??

I bought myself the new Danielle Steel DVD - Safe Harbour today. So no one get it for Christmas for me.

Have you ever wondered what it must be like to be a candy bar on Halloween. Can you just imagine getting a great place on the top of the treat bowl. Waiting all day for it to finally be time for the kids to get dressed in costumes, and then the anticipation builds as it starts to get dark! Then it happens, the doorbell rings. Mom picks up the bowl...you wait to be picked, and WHAT!!! Mom picks up the snickers bar instead!!! You are just the Milky Way sitting there. It was your turn! You can't believe that Mom actually picked up the Snickers. That little ghost really wanted you....you just know it! Now the wait begins again. This time it's Super Man at the door, and he want's M & M's. You just can't believe it...you think about burying yourself deeper in the bowl. You ponder just attaching yourself to the next candy bar Mom picks up.....kind of like hitch hiking! However, you have no caramel leaking out of your package, so there isn't anything sticky to use to stick yourself to the other candy bar. Now you are determined to make it out of the candy bowl at some point tonight.....please let it not be DAD who eats you! How embarrasing would that be to not even make it out of the house on Halloween? Would you be able to face the other candy bars in the morning....would they see your poor lifeless wrapper laying on the top of the trash? Would your friends call 911 or whatever candy bars call to revive you? You wait, you hear the door, it's a goblin of some sort. You don't even care, to feel the bowl being picked up, and HURRAY!!! IT'S YOU! Into the bottom of the trick or treat bag you go. There you find some other candy. There's Smarties, Milk Duds, Heath Bars, Twislers, M & M's and a Snickers. Just as you are getting adjusted to your new enviornment, a popcorn ball hits you on the head! Wonderful! Now you try to find a more comfortable place than under the popcorn ball. You finally wiggle enough to find yourself next to the snickering Snickers. What's so funny you ask? The Snickers replies that his cousin was in the package with you and was picked up in the bag before you were. He just thinks it's funny that the Snickers made it out first. You bound along in the bag quite happily all evening until you get home. The little goblin promptly dumps you out on the floor. There everyone in the bag is inspected by Mom. Then back in the bag you go waiting until your turn to be eaten. I just think the life of a candy bar on Halloween would be a bit boring don't you? What would happen if you were Mom's favorite candy bar, or if the family dog got ahold of you?

Back later....have to go play Dad for a while.

Back again....I drove the car. I know I am lazy, but my elbow is killing me!!

We managed to not get "booed" this year. Last year, we got it like 15 times. Dad finally said that was enough...we weren't buying any more candy.

I will be glad when Dad comes home again....this not sleeping much is beginning to be bad. I can only run for so long before the headaches begin....tonight I will be taking my pill. Maybe it will help the elbow problem too.

Well, I hope that ya'll had a fun Halloween. I bet Caleb was a Transformer if he dressed up! The girls here were Twister Games. Everyone liked them!

Must run.

Have a wonderful week. Do something nice for someone else.

Love you.

Mom

No comments: