Thursday, October 4, 2007

Late Fees & Dining Room Tables

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Well, today is late notice day at the dance studio. That always makes me a popular person to be mad at. It seems that when people can't pay their tuition on time, it is somehow my fault, and so they think that I should not make them pay the late fee. What is very interesting to me is that these very same people signed a paper at registration that states that if they don't pay by the third there will be a late fee on the fourth. Somehow, they don't seem to ever remember signing that paper, but when I pull it out of the file, they don't have a choice but to admit that it is their signature there on that line. It always makes me feel good when I can prove to someone that they really did know about the late fee policy! It shouldn't, but I must admit, sometimes it makes my day! Then I make them pay the $15 anyway.

This past week I have been attempting to make Cooper her duet costume. Now I have never made a leotard before, let alone one that has a cutout thing on the side. However, I have managed to make a beautiful one, and just have to finish sewing the appliques on. That has taken hours to cut out each one, and I am not looking forward to all the hand sewing to get them on the costume. Cooper has to put the thing on so that I can pin them while the material is stretched, and then when it comes off, the material shrinks, so I have to stretch it flat, and hold it, and sew it at the same time. Needless to say, I need two more hands to do the job. Which is proving challenging, since I am home alone all day. I have discovered Dad's "C" clamps out in the garage and am developing a plan where they could hold the material against the kitchen counter while I held the other edge and do the sewing, or the other option is an embroidery hoop. However, the hoop might leave indentations on the leotard, so who knows! I may just have to sew them on while she is wearing the costume which will take hours. They are all up the arm and down the front and back.

I finally have all the costuming billed at the studio. WHAT A PAIN THAT WAS!!! Now I am the only one that Ginny will let collect the costume money and keep the records. She doesn't want to lose as much money on costuming as last year, and somehow I always manage to balance the books, so I get the job! Wonderful!! Isn't it bad enough that I have to sew them, but collect the money and keep records too???? Actually, I am only doing one dance this year. Then also doing the girls ones in a couple of other dances to save money. If I make our girls, then I just have to pay for materials and not the whole fee. Guess my time is something, but I don't see money going out....keeps Dad happier too.

I have mailed all the Halloween goodie boxes, so I hope that ya'll enjoy them....let me know when they arrive.

I have started Christmas shopping, so those of you who haven't sent me a list in my family, better get on it. Money is very limited this year, so keep that in mind.

I have to go to the Stake Librarians meeting tonight. That sure makes me sound old and boring....who wants to be known as the librarian? I don't have the right kind of glasses!! However, maybe if I get there, the Stake Librarian will actually talk to me. She doesn't bother to return phone calls...I've been trying to get her to talk to me since they made me the Meetinghouse Librarian.

Cooper's asthma is really acting up....she is on her nebulizer. A few prayers for her to be able to function wouldn't hurt. I am having Dad get someone over tonight to give her a blessing. Dad had to bring her home from church on Sunday and use her clouds, and again last night. Hope we can improve before competition season. I have a call into the doctor to renew her cloud medicine.

I have finally cleared EVERYTHING off the dining room table. Do you know how amazing that is? The poor table probably feels naked, and like it lost 100 pounds! Maybe I should polish it with the liquid gold while it sits there naked. Who knows, I could even break out the Halloween tablecloth! Wouldn't that be wonderful? How do you suppose the table feels today? Do you think it would like to have liquid gold spread all over it's face, or should I just cover it up with a tablecloth? Maybe I could just leave it sit there, and let it observe life in an uncluttered state. Do you suppose that it has been complaining to the chairs that the weight on the top of it's face has been to much for the past several months? Maybe my table hates me and I don't even know it! Do you think I need to place guards nearby to keep it under control should it decide to get revenge and not support it's tableleaf anymore? And what would happen if I do put the Halloween tablecloth on it, and it eats it? What if it chokes? How do you do the heimlich manuver on a table? Is that even possible? Do you think the chairs might help me? Maybe the china hutch has some advice! Heaven knows it probably wants to be cleaned out also.

Did you know that Uncle Gary is having a spider problem in his mailbox? Ours seems to be clear for the moment. We are thinking he really needs to call a mailbox exterminator!

Well, I have to go email Dad that he needs to make sure he has a bunch of kisses made before he comes home tonight....I haven't been getting my share lately. He says it's because I leave him alone all night....I have my doubts! I think he has been hoarding them!

Well, each of you do something to make your Heavenly Father proud of you today. Remember that Dad and I love you all very much. Wish we could be there with you just for some hugs!

Love you bunches,

Mom

1 comment:

Caleb Flanagan said...

We'll get you some Christmas lists in the next week or so.