Thursday, October 18, 2007

Adrenaline Day!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Well, at our house this morning we all got the adrenaline going bright and early. For the past several days we have had a suspicious white car coming into the development just as Cooper and the three other girls are standing out at the bus stop just across the street from our house. The car is driven by an old man, and he goes really slowly past the girls, and some days shines a flashlight on them. On Tuesday, he shined the light on Cymbre as she was out there waiting for the bus to pick up Cooper. Well, as you can guess, it has all the Mom's all up in arms, so there were three of us out there in the street this morning! I made the group of girls come back to my side of the street because if the car was to stop, he would have to get out of his car and come around it, and that would give me a chance to get the girls safely into our house! None of the girls objected to my plan. Wouldn't have done them any good anyway. Well, no sooner were they all standing by me, than the car turns into our street from Spring Cypress, is going really slowly. The girls are like, "MOM! THAT'S THE CAR!" at the top of their lungs. Well, I had the foresight to put my cell phone and a pen in my pocket (which is really unusual for me since I mostly stand in the shadows of the porch in my nightgown), and so the girls were trying to read the license plate number, and the other mom's standing just down the street were yelling, "That's the car, get the license!" Well, as we were trying to get the number, I discovered that the car has three plates. Two on the front, and one on the back.....What the heck! We managed to write down one of the numbers, and the school bus came. We put the girls on the bus, and called the Sheriff. Took him a few minutes to get there, and we gave him the information. This car has been called into the Sheriff several times already this week, but no one had managed to get the license plate number. Well, he ran the plate and it came up invalid....Great! But he told us he knew the car as he sees it all the time driving around. He knew where it lived, so he would go to the home and check things out. We waited to hear back from him until just after Cymbre left on her bus. When he came back, he told us we got all the numbers right except the S was really an F. He said the guy is an 81 year old, purple heart war veteran who lives in another development who is coming through looking for trash violations. (People who put their trash out too early or have big items on the curbs when they aren't supposed to be there.) WHAT A CROCK!! I told the sheriff that my girls do not look like refrigerators, grass clippings, or trash bags! The sheriff says that they can't do anything unless the guy tries something besides just driving slowly.....UGH!!! We have to wait until some kid actually comes up missing!!! Well, those girls will be out there with me EVERY MORNING, and one little thought that he is stopping that car, I will be dialing 911, and the girls will be running in the house.....I don't care what the sheriff says. Old war veterans can flip out and do crazy things just like anyone else.

Most of the moms don't believe the story the sheriff told us, but now I guess it is a waiting game. Dad may stay home and see if he can talk to the guy and tell him he is terrifying the kids. The whole bus route knows about the car now, and several kids report seeing it by their stops. I think I may talk to the bus driver in the morning. Maybe she can help get the other license plate numbers.

Cymbre saw the car leave the development just before she was to go out to the bus stop.

THEN:

I am at Kohl's at Hwy 249 and Spring Cypress this morning and when I go to get out of the car in the parking lot, I notice that there are three news helicopters circling that intersection and a little farther out. There are several women standing at the doorway to the store watching. I joined the group, and we decided that we would call a husband who could log onto a computer and get the breaking news. Well, I had Dad on the phone first, and he discovered that someone (A real intelligent person!) had killed three people and fled the area on foot!!! GREAT! So the helicopters were trying to help track the guy while he was trying to flee on foot!

All of this has made me think today what Heavenly Father must think of our safety here on earth. Just like a mom who sends her kids out to catch the bus, He sent us to earth. He doesn't have total control of our situations. He can only wait and watch. He knows what will happen, but how does He feel knowing that we don't know? How does He feel when He sees one of His babies kidnapped, or shot and killed? How can he love both the child that is hurt, and the one doing the hurting? I guess the only thing we can really do is pray for our safety, and trust that Heavenly Father will keep His promise to us of if we ask, He will answer.

Needless to say, MY BABIES, will not be standing out at the bus stop without their mom....in fact, none of my babies better be standing on street corners alone.

Well, must get ready for work, and Dad has just come in.

Have a great day, and pray for your Sisters safety at the bus stop.

Love you.

Mom

No comments: