Thursday, September 13, 2007

Scotch Tape and the Pencil Sharpener!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

This past week has been busy as usual around here, with the addition of Cymbre Tay being sick on the couch for 4 days! Who knew a tummy ache could last so long. She did try to go to school on Monday after being home on Friday, but ended up home after throwing up. (I am not a lousy Mom! She said she was feeling better so I sent her to school!) FINALLY, today she was back at school, and even managed to be at dance all night.

I am having fits with the new lady who is helping in the office at the studio. She thinks she can just do things her own way, not record payments on the ledgers, and register 2 year olds! I finally told Ginny that I thought it wasn't going to work out, and I refused to turn her loose with the money anymore. After all, I am responsible for all this money, and when it isn't recorded I send late notices to people who in turn call and yell at me. Ginny said I could just have her answer the phone and file things, but not to leave any money where she had to deal with it anymore. THANK GOODNESS!! I had been spending my entire evening fixing everything that she messed up in the morning. If I have to call one more mom of a 2 year old and tell her they can't dance until they are 3, I am going to have to do something drastic. No, I don't know what I will do, but it could possibly involve the next lizard who decides to enter my peaceful domain!

I have been out looking for Halloween goodies for my very spoiled children....yes, you know who you are! (All of you)

I finally mailed today, some people the wedding DVD's with the photos.....can you possibly imagine what that means to me? After all these months of wedding, I am finally crossing the last thing off my to do list!!! I still have to get some more envelopes to mail the rest of them, but the next time I am at the store I will do that, and then watch your mailbox!

I have been contemplating our electric pencil sharpener today....have you ever really looked at one. It seems to have a little face on the front, and where you slide out the drawer to empty it, that's the mouth. Our's looks like it is saying "OH"! Have you ever wondered if the pencil sharpener prefers the taste of one pencil over another? Maybe it likes the yellow wood ones better than the ones with all the birthday and holiday designs on the outside. Do you suppose that the lead tastes different on each pencil. What about those colored pencils the little ones color with all the time.....and who can forget the extra fat pencils. You know, the ones that get stuck in the hole. And, if you leave the shavings in it, does it's nose get all stuffed up if it happens to be allergic to that kind of lead? Does it get a stomach ache just sitting there full of shavings day after day, waiting for some slow mom to come and dump it out? And how would it let a mom know it needed emptying....it's not as though it wears a diaper. And why does that sharpener always jam a little piece of lead in the tip of the sharpener on the day when the bus is already pulling around the corner and the girls need a new pencil for school?

Do you suppose that the pencil sharpener and the scotch tape dispenser are the very best of friends since they are always sitting so close together here on the desk? I must admit, they look awfully cozy!! Maybe I should get the letter opener to spy on them while I go to the studio in the morning. If anything suspicious happens, Dad's tigers could grrrrrrrrrr really loud, and I might hear it at the studio.

Maybe the stapler could help in our investigation...it could staple all the evidence to the desk top! That is, if it doesn't clog itself up stapling things to fast!

I just noticed that some of Dad's tigers that sit on top of the file cabinet seem to be eyeing that goldfish Shyla bought him. Do you suppose tigers eat goldfish? I just don't know if Stanley can survive living in this jungle without his fish...maybe I should move him. Dad hasn't fed the tigers in a while, and they are a bit testy since they closed the tiger wash on the way to church (not to mention a bit smelly) so maybe I shouldn't take any chances!

Do I get brownie points for cleaning out half of Dad's desk drawer....that dumb school bus keeps coming before I get the other half done. I just work on this drawer while I sit here and watch the girls at the bus stop out the window. At least I can find all the paperclips now, but the triangle things dad uses on his maps are still flopping all over the bottom of the drawer. I also found a million keys that go to locks probably in the first house we ever owned! Do I dare throw them away...because I might need to open some obscure lock that I don't even remember I have a key to someday? Who knows, by Christmas time I may have the whole desk done, and then we can actually find all the stamps to mail the Christmas cards! Where, oh where are those pesky address labels? Of course, the envelope of the cards will be full of 2 and 3 cent stamps because that's all I am finding in the bottom of the drawer. I will need an extra large envelope if that is the case. And just how does that little stick of lead escape from those little containers that have lids I can never get off? There is a convention of lead in the bottom of this drawer, and how does a person decide if it is 5mm or 7mm. Who cares for that matter? And why does it break so easily when all a person is trying to do is pick it up and put it back inside it's house? Is it really necessary for all the sticks of lead to go visiting other office supplies all at once. Haven't they every heard that a person needs some alone time? I mean really, what could the lead and the paper clips have to talk about that is so important that everyone in the lead family needs to hear it? And the cork board pins, my goodness, they just go around poking holes in everything? I truly do not know how to maintain discipline! I put them in their little cup, and the next time I open the drawer, they are frolicking all over the place. You would think the highlighters would have a tizzy! I actually think it is the clear ones that are creating such a ruckus! I just can't see the pretty pink ones being such troublemakers! Maybe I should just put one of those big kitchen magnets in the little cup. Then they would all be attracted to it, and stay home for a change!

Well, enough of this foolishness for tonight. I think I will go turn on the TV for a bit until I get sleepy. Yes, I am a night person, and Dad is snoring.

Each of you remember to do something nice for someone today, even if it is just to share your smile.

Remember that I love you very much, so does Dad.

Mom

1 comment:

jenifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.