Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Poor Unfortunate Lizard

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

There will be a short memorial service for the poor unfortunate lizard that decided to come into the house this morning in a couple of days when Dad empties the vacumn! That dumb thing just walked right in the house as Cymbre was leaving, and of course, went right over by the edge of Dad's desk! You can't smash them there, so my only recourse was the vacumn because I didn't want him behind the file cabinet. I sucked him up, and now it will have to be Dad's job to empty the bucket. I don't do it when there are lizards living in it! Dad is really good at this job, but I don't really think he likes all the practice he gets!

Bomber lovebugs have once again taken up residence in the backyard! We are dodging lovebugs every time we go out the back door. Why do they like our yard do much? You would think they would go where the swimming pools are, but I think they like our backyard because of that little covered area over the sidewalk. Well, I fixed them. I sprayed the fence with that bug spray they hate! Take that you dumb bugs!!

Cymbre just came home with her first list of spelling words for 4th grade. I will be so glad when Dad and I finally graduate from spelling lists. Just how long does it take to learn some of these words? Aren't five 4th graders enough? And those book report projects....if we have to make another pizza book report I may lose my mind!

Cooper is learning spanish, and she mostly sounds like she is tripping over her tongue.....to hear her recite the spanish alphabet is really interesting....ya'll should try it. Her main homework is to get parents to sign a million papers, and to cover her text books (which will just stay home anyway). Why do we need to cover them if they just sit on the shelf at home and we never use them? Would that not be a total waste of mom's time in going to the store to get the paper sack, then making the bookcover so Cooper can decorate it? And why don't kids know how to cover books with paper sacks. What have they missed where they learn how to do that? And for pete's sake, why can't they use those fabric book covers that all the stores sell anymore?

I am falling back into the school rut! Heaven forbid!! I need more time alone all day to be able to even think about accomplishing all the things I want to do. I have finished the dance studio! (Applause please!) The ironing is getting whittled down, although I am scared to see just what lies at the bottom of the pile, the mending is caught up except Shyla's temple jacket. I have to find the lace again before I can do that. The paperwork for the dance company is almost done, and then I just have the academy classes to enter into the computer at the office. I missed the first day of school lunch because it wasn't closed to payday, so none of us had any money to spend, and still don't. Those competition costumes are eating into my lunch style! The family cookbook is staring me in the face, maybe I'll cart it donwstairs and work on it when the ironing gets done. I have told Ginny that I don't know how much sewing I will do for company this year. I just don't want to do it.

I have decided that paper piles are evil! We seem to grow new ones every day! I just get the counter cleaned off, and someone, a very evil someone, carts home more papers that simply must get piled on the kitchen counter. Never mind that the papers have nothing to do with anything we care about, we just have to have them to read because the school thinks we should waste trees. Why do we need separate papers about the chess club, the spanish club, and every other thing when they send out a school newsletter? Who cares about karate, after school art, and pre- k for non english speaking students. Can't they include all the details in the Mane Tail that comes out on Tuesdays? Maybe I'll go on a save the tress campaign. Like I have time... A Mom could spend an entire morning reading all these useless papers that the girls are bringing home.

I just noticed our stop sign out in the front yeard. It seems to be fading in the sun. Can you imagine how it must feel? If you were a stop sign, would you like to slowly fade away? Don't you think you would want someone to come and touch up your make-up so people can clearly read your face? Then again, maybe you wouldn't want someone caking all kinds of stuff on your face, just so you could stand out in the sun all day. A little hot don't you think?

I got my Christmas book from Gooseberry Patch in the mail today....guess it is time to start thinking about that make work holiday. Maybe we will just put out the nativity sets this year and call it good. The snowmen can just stay in the boxes! Dream on!

Well, it's that time of day when I start to get really busy. I have to bun Cymbre, and pack the water cooler. Then up to the studio to deal with who knows what for who knows how long, skip dinner, and starve until I finally get to come home again where Dad will paste me back together to do it all again tomorrow.

All of you work hard, do something that will make Heavenly Father proud of you, and remember your Mom loves you.

Bye

2 comments:

Lady in Waiting said...

You lizard killing meanie!

Caleb Flanagan said...

Don't you tell Ginny "I don't know how much sewing I'm going to do this year?" every year? I'm pretty sure that you do.

On another note. The blue letters in italics are hurting our eyes. :)