Sunday, April 1, 2007

What Ironing Pile?

Sunday, April 1, 2007

We have enjoyed listening to the General Conference, and especially the talks given by the Prophet. He still has his sense of humor even though he is very old.

Around the old homestead (yes, we have homestead papers on file) things have been rollin' along but not quite as usual. Ya'll come see us soon!

Saturday we took the little tappers in our family to the Dance Competition. Another all day experience, but a good one for Cooper. Her ensemble girls decided that because Cooper doesn't dance on Sunday, they would all come and dance adjunicated on Saturday. That meant they all had to come in at a special time, and dance only for category awards. They could not compete for the overall awards. However, it was nice for Cooper that they supported her in that manner. They took home a platinum, so I guess Heavenly Father supported her too. Cooper also was the understudy for her friend who broke her foot. She learned the dance in 8 minutes at one rehearsal, and then competed on Saturday. As we sat there watching her, Dad said, "That kid needs to quit school and just dance!" She has unbelieveable talent in dance. What a blessing she is to the family.

Cymbre on the other hand did not get to dance any of her dances this time. Oh well, she played with her friends and watched Cooper. Hopefully everything for her won't be on Sunday the next competition.

Today we tried to use the organization of the sewing room to create some goodies for our Bride and Groom. However, we have decided that the Groom-to-be has very big feet (Cymbre says they are like Caleb!) We managed to find everything we needed in the sewing room, and even managed to put it away with minimal trouble, so that's VERY GOOD news. All my time the last three weeks is already paying off.

Cooper and Dad made a spindle for her speech tomorrow. She has to be a princess and tell her story, so she chose Sleeping Beauty, therefore, the spindle. She is using Cymbre's Princess Aurora tiara from competition at peril of her life if she breaks or loses it!

Cymbre is starting a poetry unit at school....can't wait to read all those Rhino poems!

Cymbre and I went flower shopping on Friday.....we are planting them outside, and it was time for her to get her tomato plants in the ground. While we were there, we saw the popcorn trees we used to have in Bartlesville. We fought our way through the foliage, and found the perfect popcorn tree to come home with us. (Of course, it wouldn't fit standing up in the van!) So, we stuffed it in laying down over the back seat, with the Bald Cypress tree we also bought, and I had Cymbre sit between them on the floor and hold the buckets. Now this was VERY exciting to Cymbre because she never gets to ride in the car without her seatbelt. Oh the EXCITEMENT!
She could hardly contain her self until the first turn when the buckets tried to smash her. Then she got laughing so hard she wasn't ready for the second turn, and they tried to smash her the other direction. We finally made it home after going to the school to get Cooper. Now, everything is planted, and the backyard has all the pretty flowers I like to have to look at from the kitchen window. Dad had to vacumn out the back of the van, but we had some fun buying the trees.

Can anyone believe that we have the scrapbook room and most of the sewing room all cleaned up??? I am in constant amazement! Those fisty scissors, pins, and measuring tapes have finally agreed to live peacefully together in the top sewing machine drawer! Miracles will never cease!

We are gearing up for the wedding plans. Several wedding planning books jumped off the shelf at Barnes and Nobles bookstore to come home with me. I've decided that if you read them, you quickly decide that to send money for the Bride and Groom to elope sounds like the best option overall! However, since I am the mother of the Bride, I will try to suck it up, and muddle through my drugged conscience and plan this wedding.

We all really enjoyed talking to the Groom, otherwise, known as Russell these last few days. The little girls even made up big brother rules for him. They are now anxiously waiting to see if he remembers them.

This next week will bring some confusion as I haven't quite decided how I will run two dance studios from Utah while planning a wedding... has anyone got a clue? Dad got me a hotel room, I think he doesn't think I will be getting much sleep, but may need a quite place to have my nervous breakdown! I am not good at nervous breakdowns when Dad isn't with me...where will I get a hug?

This week I think I will try to tackle some of the ironing piled up in the rocking chair. Maybe that chair needs a break, it has been holding quite a load for months now. I am testing the theories of balance and tower building...however, my tower gets much narrower at the top, and then has patches of wideness and narrowness all the way down to the bottom. Did you know that 3 of Dad's white shirts equal the same amount of space as two of my skirts? If you pull out a piece in the middle REALLY fast, you can get it without toppling the entire tower. How interesting is that? And those Christmas blouses with the snowmen on them...my goodness they can set up a ruckus when it starts to heat up outside. They were murmuring something about puddles and melting and possible floods the other day as I was walking by the rocking chair! At the first sign of moisture, I'm putting a bucket under that chair! Does anyone know how to get in touch with Noah? I may need his ark! I may need someone with turkey catching experience to get the tablecloth for Thanksgiving under control. Those turkeys already said they won't go on an ark...something about smelly rhinos. And Britni's pandas refuse to be around Cooper's Lucky Dogs. Now see why I need the ark, I think it has separate bedrooms right? Maybe I will just put Shyla's pachyderms in charge!! (I know, I'm good!) You will be able to find Dad and I on the lifeboat floating at a leisurely pace behind all the confusion and the kids. Britni better remember to bring the bamboo, or her Panda's will be quite unruly. Caleb and Holly will be in charge of Christmas, since Holly is always in season. Russ and Shyla will be in charge of the charging pachyderms, and Cooper and Cymbre can provide the entertainment. Dad and I will be out of touch! We will be eating cheese and crackers, and almonds for Dad cholesterol., and blissfully floating along. What a life! Better remember the sunscreen for Dad's bald spot!

And who really knows what lives at the bottom of the ironing pile? Has anyone seen the bottom of the pile in forever? It could be something really interesting like last year's Easter tablecloth, or maybe Mom's blouse I thought was lost, or Dad's worn out white shirt...you know the one without all the buttons. I could have a heart attack if I get to the bottom. Who would want to use a rocking chair for rocking? Isn't it better for holding ironing? If I get to the bottom and there is a family of lizards living there, I promise I will never do the ironing again! Lizards seem to love to live in stuff inside our house.

Well, enough of this foolishness for tonight...must get some things organized for my shopping trip tomorrow. First on the list is Groom stuff for our project. Then on to the grocery store to replenish my supply of expired eggs. Then to Walmart for some stuff, and then lunch before I pick up the CoopDog from school. Then homework, and meet Cymbre at the bus, and then the dance studio thing. Oh joy! We get to label the competition ribbons for each dance.

You kids who are reading this and laughing, I'm glad I could provide you with some entertainment. Remember what you heard at Conference today, and make sure you are standing on the Lord"s side of the line. Your parents expect nothing less of you. Also remember that we all love you very much, yes, each and every one of you. So does your Heavenly Father. Remember to talk to Him today.

Love,

Mom

No comments: