Sunday, April 15, 2007

Enough Already!!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

You can sure tell that Dad is out of town! No sooner did he leave, than the van wouldn't start properly, and I lost a crown on my tooth. Of course, just as we were walking out the door to competition. So, I had to stop and call the dentist who of course is out of town at some dental convention, and wait for him to call me back. So for the entire weekend, I have been holding my crown on with vaseline petroleum jelly, and eating on just one side of my mouth!! Tremendous!!

Dad made me map to get to competition, but I still managed to get lost, and then on the way home, they closed the highway, so I still ended up managing on my own! Today, Cooper is on the couch dizzy, so who knows how the next two weeks will go.

Dad made it to Capri, Italy, but his suitcase didn't. He is there with the clothes on his back, and not a lot of hope of getting his bag where he is. It seems that there is not an airport on the island, so everything has to come by boat, than by tram up the mountain, and bus to where Dad is. By the time his underware catches up with him, he may be in Norway! He isn't happy and neither was the other man traveling with Dad.

Sister Brown got some shocking news last weekend while I was in Provo. Her 4 year old has liver cancer. His liver is twice the size it should be, and the tumor is as big as his liver should be. They have to do chemotherapy to shrink the tumor before they can remove it. Liver cancer is very dangerous, and the chemo could cause his kidneys to fail, or make him deaf. Neither are great options, but the alternative is worse. She has asked me to go and sit with her while they do his first chemo this next Friday. Now just what do you say to your friend who is sitting there watching them poison her son? When I took dinner over there on Friday, she just clung to me and just sobbed! Friday is going to be a VERY STRESSFUL DAY! Who knows what will happen, Dad is still going to be out of town.

Monday, April 16. 2007

Sorry, I went to bed...but I am back now. Just talked to Dad, he said they really can't find his luggage. He went to buy some clothes, but didn't have much luck...did get some underware and a shirt. The other guy doesn't have his luggage yet either. If it doesn't catch up with him before he leaves Italy, he probably won't get it for the entire two weeks....he is not happy.

Must get ready for work....more later

Tuesday, April 17th, 2007

The punches just keep coming.....today Cymbre lost her retainer at school so the orthodontist has to make a new one. It's because the teacher refused to allow her to keep her box on her desk during the TAKS test. WHAT A STUPID EXCUSE!! So because the routine wasn't the same, the retainer ended up on a napkin at lunch and got thrown away. That teacher knew I was mad, so did the principal, and thankfully the orthodontist is making her a new one for a reduced fee.

Then I tried to get Dad on the phone in Italy, but he didn't leave the right number, and no name for his hotel. GREAT!!

Get to the dentist to have my crown reglued, and they tell me they think they have to redo the thing. However, when the dentist examined it, he decided it would be ok for a while so they just reglued me. He said it probably won't be long and it will have to be replaced.

And Dad is going to be gone another week and a half!!! I may not survive this trip! I am thinking he needs to take his big black cloud with him. I'm having worse luck than he is right now....I can hardly wait for tomorrow!

On Friday I have to go sit with Sister Brown while her 4 yr old gets his first chemo....I'm so lucky don't you think?

I have no energy to write something funny....I am just taking my high blood pressure, and my cough and going to bed.

Love you.

Mom

No comments: