Thursday, August 30, 2012

We Have Survived The First 3 Days Of School!

August 30, 2012
 
We have officially survived the first three days of school.  The girls are dragging because of seminary and dance in the mix, but they are holding it together.  Thank goodness for a few minutes sleep after home work is done...just saying.
 
My biggest gripe is that they make you buy all these school supplies before school, and then the kids come home with a thing or two each day that you have to get.  And you can't wait until the end of the week to get them all at once because then it is a MOB scene at whatever store you choose to go to, and you end up without what you need anyway.  I went to Office Depot the other night in search of pocket dividers...forget Target and Walmart....and the line was clear around the perimeter of the store.  So, I just hid the dividers in among the file folders and went back for them the next morning when there wasn't a line.  And then yesterday, Cooper comes home and needs quality watercolors.....great, wonderful, tremendous!  We went to two stores before we even found watercolors that weren't meant for kindergarteners, and then paid the price of an entire lunch out for the things.  SO, today I am hoping for a shopping free day except for a quick visit to pick up some medicine....
 
The girls are LOVING their dance classes and new teachers this year, but their favorites are still Ms. Andee, Ms. Traci, Ms. Josie, and Ms. Amy...although Ms. Emily is quickly sneaking in there as is Ms. Meg.  It's Cooper's senior year, so she is anxious to do as much dancing as possible to fill her brain with as much technique as possible, so Dad and her will be migrating downtown several times a month in an effort to expand her abilities.  They are both teaching baby classes, and boy do they LOVE their babies!
 
I've changed my diabetes doctor, and the other day I was actually out of there in less than an hour!   WOW....can you believe that I didn't have to spend my entire morning in a waiting room, and I didn't have to pay tons of money for bloodwork that my family doctor has just completed?  I had a tough time deciding what to do with my free time....so I took myself to lunch!  Currently we are working on adjust the insulin because I told the new doctor that I was sick of eating when I wasn't hungry just to keep ahead of the dosage of medicine and that the other doctor wouldn't let me take less....she thought the other doctor was dumb, and so maybe we can get things so that I am not having to get up in the middle of the night and eat because my blood sugar is way too low...we'll see.
 
Guy has finished making Cymbre's flowerbeds all over the yard, and I really like the brickwork he did...guess I'll keep him around...besides, I don't think I can live without him.
 
Competition solos are in the perfecting stages, and the girls are starting their last tap duet together....it's going to be tough to watch them dance together for the final time at the end of this year....me and Ms. Andee will be sharing a box of tissues backstage I am sure!!
 
On the Sunday School front, I am working on pulling together the Samuel the Lamanite lesson for next week, and then the Gadianton Robber lesson for the week after....both have special things happening, and the kids are looking forward to them.  Hope I can pull it off...I mean, I do have a reputation to uphold.  I have a man who is going to play Samuel the Lamanite, and some very light weight balls for the kids to throw at him while he stand on the city wall, and then I am going to dress them up as gadianton robbers the following week and send them into Gospel Doctrine to rob some of the targeted men who have agreed to help me.  Should be interesting to see how the adult class reacts when we storm the place....a member of our bishopric is going to be the leader of the robbers.  Cymbre will be the photographer.
 
The medicine the doctor is forcing me to take to get me up and moving again after all the drama and stress around here for the past couple of years is making things a bit better...I actually bought some material the other day to make something.  Haven't cut it out yet, but have been sidetracked by all the lesson stuff to do.  Hopefully, I can managed to recover from this severe stress level and breakdown and get my act together again.
 
Guess that's about all the news for today...must get the laundry folded.
 
 
 

No comments: