Thursday, August 16, 2012

UGH!!



August 16, 2012


So we had them come and install windows across the back of ths house, including the kitchen and family room.  They will actually OPEN!  So now those days in December and January when there is actually low humidity and a cool breeze.....I WILL be opening the windows, and the best part is those little critters like lizards, fly, spiders, crickets, roaches, and wasps or swamps as Cymbre calls them WILL NOT be coming in!!!!


They are double pane, vinyl windows with sun blocking stuff sprayed on them, and already the kitchen and family room are livable!   FINALLY after 10 years we can live in the back part of our house when it's 110 outside and still manage to be able to breath without suffocating!   I even baked a cake yesterday during the afternoon!!!


So, we've learned that when air conditioner people can't manage to make their units do what they guarantee they can do, that you call the window guys....who really make the house hot when they take out all the windows, but then by some miracle when they put the windows in place....EVERYTHING cools down and stays where it's supposed to be!   FINALLY....just saying.  We may even manage to eat dinner with sweating tonight!   And Christmas cookie baking will not necessitate shower breaks!!


NOW the big problem is that because there were not burglar alarm wires on the old windows because they didn't open, and we have a two story home, if we want the wires they have to make holes in the walls from the attic, 2nd floor and first floor in order to install the sensors...EXCUSE ME???  At least the new door that isn't a full door window has wires.  SO, I guess we are moving into the 21st century and will be wireless alarmed in the back part of our house....terrific....why can't we just have ONE THING that doesn't have expensive complications?  Just what part of the universe have we offended that EVERYTHING we do, no matter what it is a big complicated MESS!!


AND our other problem is that I have to go testify in the court case involving the guy who tried online solitation, and got caught!  Great....let's just put the victims crazy mom on the stand to tell a judge what she thinks the man's punishment should be....and not let me tell the judge the death penalty would be the best option!  The DA thinks that penalty would be a bit harsh....well in my opinion it's the best option for not wasting my tax dollars....just saying.


And when I get home from court, I am taking my medicine, and checking into the little pink polka dot rubber room they have reserved for me to attempt to continue recovering from my nervous breakdown!  I'm taking some crazy friends with me to keep me company, and I will except calls from Jack and Lucy!  Hopefully I will recover in time to put the finishing touches on the Gadianton Robbers lesson for Sunday School....I mean we can't have an entire class of gadianton robbers running amuck during church can we.....


On that note, I must go practice using some restraint....yeah, wish we luck with that!  The DA says the judge likes moms though, so maybe I can get a break!


More later.....

No comments: