Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Here We Go Again!

January 24, 2012


Well, I was hoping that this year would not have the medical problems that last year had, but no such luck.  Our family is dealing with multiple issues, some of which are tremendously more serious, but we are somehow managing.


I am just about done with the physical therapy (I call it torture) for the herniated disk in my back.  Cymbre is down with bronchitis yet again, and the allergies are terrible this year....and the other stuff, we are working on.


Yesterday, our British Grandma Bessie passed away.  While we all miss her terribly, at least we know of the Savior's plan (which makes it just a smidgen easier to bear) and that we will all see her one day again.  It was a blessing for her to finally be able to leave this life and return to her Heavenly Father.  She was suffering with dementia, and was living in a nursing home situation for years.


We all have such tremendous memories of many happy times with Bessie.  She was such a wonderful blessing in our lives at a time when we were living in a foreign country, getting used to a totally different lifestyle, and missing our families we left in America.  She spent many hours with our children as Guy and I served in our very busy church leadership callings, and we really enjoyed taking her to the temple to work with us each week.  She taught me to knit, and while I can make pretty rows of very straight stitches, I never developed a love for it like she had.  She would sit and knit while talking to you, or watching TV and never look at her knitting....and it was always perfect!  Needless to say, we all loved her very much and she became a member of our little family.


All the girls competition dances were put on Sunday for this first competition.  However, the studio director and her husband took a stand, stood behind the girls, talked about civil rights and it being illegal to eliminate them,  and now they are getting their money back and taking the senior team to a different competition where it won't be a problem.  This is the first time a studio director stood behind us...mostly, they just say sorry...you lose the money, and leave me to deal with the competitions.  I did make it a point to let her know how much we appreciated the support.


Next week in my Sunday School class we will be going outside to look for our own personal liahonas, and then figuring out how to build a ship....that should prove to be interesting.  I told the kids that next week, if it was cold they should dress appropriately, bring their golden plates (scriptures) and make sure their faith was in working order.  They would need to meet me in the wilderness.  You should have seen the looks I got.  I got their attention for this week at least!


I'm just sitting here waiting for Cooper to come home from dance...Guy has finally gone to bed....he needs the sleep!  Tap class runs later on a Tuesday than I like, but when they get older, they dance later.  Cymbre is already in bed too.  Sounds like Cooper is coming.

Well, I am exhausted and medicine is making me sleepy...I'm trying to go to bed.

Love you,

Mom



No comments: