Monday, August 1, 2011

Excuse Me, We Need A Jammie Day!

August 1, 2011


Here it is the first day of August and the girls and I haven't even had time to have a jammie day yet this summer.  So since school starts on the 22, I guess we better be scheduling a jammie day real soon!

I also need to do the summer ritual of making freezer strawberry jam....usually that is done by now too.

Tap kids was a MAJOR success for Cooper....she made so many new friends, learned so many things, and had a great time.  The show was wonderful, and we can hardly wait to get our DVD to show people what she did.  It was a tremendous experience for her...gave her new contacts in the tap dance world, and challenged her for a week.  And, the camera lost all my pictures....I AM NOT IMPRESSED!...I'm just saying.  I had video of the tap jam on the ship, photos outside the theater, and lobby fun....and it's all gone....what the heck.  Thank goodness, Cooper has some of the same things on her camera, but the tap jam video is lost forever.  She claims that we will go again next year.  I'm going to take an extra memory card, and take it out of the camera.


Cymbre has had her birthday interview with the bishop, got her new temple recommend, and is going to receive her YW medallion.  She earned that thing in a year.  She has worked so hard!  A good example for the Beehive President to set for the girls in her class.  We are SO PROUD of her.  Now she is working on her honor bee.   So is Cooper.


School registration starts taking place in the next few days...what a drag.  Go stand in line, pay lots of money, fight with lockers, and stand in more lines.  Aren't we just excited!!


Because of all this traveling the girls are doing, we are still finishing up the doctors visits that we usually take care of the beginning of the summer.....the allergist will wait until October, but we have everything else taken care of.  No cavities, new glasses for Cymbre, now just to order contacts for Cooper, and finish up with Dad's stuff from his physical.  And Mom needs to find a new Endocrinologist, to deal with the diabetes stuff.  I am changing since at the last office, I never got to see the actual doctor....just the PA, and she messed up my medicine on a regular basis.


We have most of the house cleaned up and organized....Shyla's bedrooom left....it's a major mess because we put all kinds of stuff in there when we were getting the new carpet.  But, I can do it slowly when the girls are back in school, and there aren't so many fun things to occupy our time.


The girls are starting their tap group for dance company tonight....that should be fun for them.  They haven't done groups for a couple of years.  Ms. Traci said she would make sure that all the parents knew that we would not practice or compete it on a Sunday.  I told her I don't expect any problems in that regard.  Cooper is also going to do a contemporary group this year.  They both have solos in tap, and Cooper is also doing Jazz, and a tap one with Mark Goodman.  They will be busy also with their student teaching classes.  It's good for them.


My hands are in working order most of the time....although this past week, I have had some tingling on the backside of my hand.  Interesting...we'll see.  Could be nerve damage caused by the diabetes from all these years too.  Isn't slowing me down much, but sometimes it's distracting.


I have managed to almost finish a crocheted baby blanket in the past two weeks.  I started it in Vermont, and have worked a bit each day, and now it is ready for the edges.  I guess I will soon have one for the Grandma box again.  Too bad, I didn't make the thing white.


So I asked my class on Sunday if there would be a need for the Holy Ghost when the Savior comes again.  He wasn't on the earth before the Savior was crucified....He told the apostles at the last supper that he would send a Comforter to them.  So, because people could have ministrations of the Holy Ghost before the Gift of the Holy Ghost was given....does that mean that he won't be employed any more when the Savior returns.  And, will we need the Holy Ghost in the Celestial Kingdom considering that the Savior will be there with us?  And if he is no longer employed, what will he be doing?  All interesting questions to which I can find no scriptural answer.  It is known that people enjoyed the ministrations of the Spirit before the Gift of the Holy Ghost was given, but nowhere does it explain whether we will need that gift when the Savior returns.  If they didn't need that gift when he was here the first time, why would we need it when he comes the second time?  Something to think about anyway....guess I will ask them in heaven when I finally get there...if I get there!


Cymbre had a good visit with her brother and sister and the grandbabies....now it is almost time for Cooper to get her turn....still not fair that Grandma isn't the one going, I'm just saying!  Maybe Grandpa will send Grandma later in the year.  If not, there is always Skype!


Almost time to break out the sewing machine....well, such as it is...we'll see if I can resurrect the thing!  I have to make the girls their dance costumes again.  This year, I need to figure out how to make a halter style tuxedo shirt for Cooper, and revise a short prom dress for Cymbre.  The group costumes, they will buy, so I just have 3 solos to do.


The girls have returned from a visit to Charming Charlies...they say there are all kinds of fun necklaces...guess we might have to make a trip there.  We also need a trip to Harwin street for dance costume jewelry.


Cooper is trying to decide if she is going to pierce her ears....we could have allergy problems.  So we are investigating first.

Well, that's about all the news for today....must get busy ordering contacts, and doing laundry, and gluing things back together.  All these little piles of stuff that just need doing.


Get out there and make someone else's day!  It won't hurt...honest.


Love you bunches,


Mom


No comments: