Monday, September 6, 2010

Another Week Again!

September 6, 2010

The girls are home from school today since it's Labor Day, but we aren't really going to do anything special. Cooper wants to go start looking at Homecoming dresses. I am not paying more for a dress than I can make it at home for....guess we will start at Dillards at the mall. I hate the mall!

Dad is here today...he's out in the garage cutting out the pieces of PVC pipe that I need to make a skeleton. I found a pattern in a magazine that I thought was really cute....then we have to glue everything together. I have to save 4 gallon mile jugs to make the hands and feet, so you better get busy drinking the milk!

So, I bought some cute baby prints flannel to make jammie pants for the babies this year....now I just have to figure out sizes....it has cute little zoo animals on it! Also have some pink plaid for all the other girls in the family, and I think I bought the dinosaur for the boys. I just think....I have to look for it. Dad claims that we have a years supply of fabric....I keep telling him I could trade some for something if the need arises. However, I have been busy lately just sewing things up that I have had cut out for a while. And I have been sewing the peppermints on Cymbre's dance costume. It is taking FOREVER! This may be a costume that I enter in the costume contest at competition.

Dance is going pretty well so far this year...the girls are liking their new teachers, and the classes seem to be ok. The only problem is how much solos are costing....and I have told them we have to work something out. I have already paid more for a solo than ever before, and we are only half done, so we have to put some sort of a cost cap on it. I'm sure Ms. Andee will think of something.

The girls are getting excited to go to Mark Goodman workshop in Phoenix. We are only there for a few hours, and then we have to come home again. He turned it into a one day thing, so we have to leave before it's over because we couldn't change our flight. He is going to work with them privately though, so I guess that's ok.

Cooper will start her Jazz solo with the master teacher, Terrill this weekend. He sent her a song to listen to, and she liked it. Don't know if that will be the song they use in the end, and they are both still looking. Maybe after they figure out the song, I can come up with the costume. I need to get these done before babies come.

Found some lace to make baby blessing dresses, but still need the pattern and the under material. Also have a crocheted blanket to the edging stage. So, Dad had to figure out how to space 119 stitches on the edge of 78 stitches evenly. He drew me a picture, so we'll see how it loooks. That's just for one edge....I haven't told him he will have to do another smaller edge. I also found another pattern for the other baby blessing blanket....why do I always like the ones with the fancy edges? And why do those edges always have stitches that really follow no sequence?

Shyla: How much money do I owe you?

Must get dressed and busy...we have dress shopping to do. And I guess I have skeleton parts that will need gluing! Remember, drink the milk!

Have a great week, and get some apple cider to share with friends!

Love you all

Mom

No comments: